The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-27-2022, 11:39 PM

I have three dogs. Two ignore me but my Newfie/golden mix will come in and demand attention.
Old 01-28-2022, 02:23 AM

For years I had a great corgi mix who would lay beside me whenever I played guitar. I remember I had just adopted her and the second day she was home I took out my Telecaster and was sat on the couch playing it unplugged - she jumped up, sniffed the headstock and then gently put her mouth on it! Before anyone has a heart attack at the thought of a dog doing that, this was a well worn '72 Tele, with ancient cigarette burns from where someone had done a Keith Richards with their cigarette butt. Lots of dings and dents, very much a players guitar - my dog didn't leave any teethmarks on it and even if she had they would've been a drop in the bucket compared to the marks already there! Anyways, she wasn't impressed with the taste so just curled up and went to sleep beside me.

The Beagle that I have now tends to bring me her toys when I'm playing, and tries to get me to play tug with her.

Last edited by packmule; 01-28-2022 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:02 AM
Charter Member

My 120lb. St Bernard/Great Pyrenees will sniff around then lay at my feet and take a nap.

When the Chiefs win. And the fireworks are blasting all over town. Or 4th of July.

The dog starts getting anxious.

Take out my guitar, and it calms her down.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:21 AM
Charter Member

My mini Schanuzer, Kirby is a really nice dog. But he is getting old and plagued with a lot of ailments. He has diabetes related vision loss and so mostly sleeps when not bumping into things.

But my den is next to his bed and he always wants to know where I am. My wife says when I leave he gets very nervous and looks for me non-stop.

Very frequently, if I leave the den door unlatched he will constantly come in and just rub his nose on me to find me and know I'm there.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 01-28-2022, 11:11 AM

Our new cat isn't bothered by my guitar playing but when I pull out the bagpipes . . .
Old 01-28-2022, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberate1 View Post
Anyone else have a jealous canine minder?
Yes! When I am playing, our Westie, Maggie, comes in and starts nudging me, barking and growling for attention, usually carrying her favorite toy.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:37 PM

Dogs are great, they give so much and ask so little in return.

My buddy is a big, gentle giant, German Shepard, 140+ lbs. He comes and lays a few feet away when I play, just content. When he's playful, no matter what's going on, hard to ignore him. Mostly he's does what he thinks will make me happy.
Old 01-29-2022, 03:03 AM
Get off my lawn kid

99% of the time that I play our older mini schnauzer, Maggie, will come in by me and fall asleep on the rug near my chair while I play. Our younger mini schnauzer, Noel, hasn't developed a taste for acoustic as yet,

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 01-29-2022, 08:51 AM

Default Doctor Ross Dog Food is dog gone good .,, Woof!

My three dogs and two cats always lay down in whatever room I practice in and listen.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:13 AM

https://youtu.be/CeXEiW6Zx2E
Old 01-29-2022, 10:22 AM

We have two dogs - our older collie farm dog named McKinley or Mac for short because we have a habit of naming male dogs after a president from the state we were living and the guy we acquired just before everything shut down two years back named Bogart (a Bernese Mountain dog mix) which was bestowed on him because even as a puppy he thought he was the toughest S.O.B. in the valley. So there is always some jockeying going on for attention. But Bogart is the more demanding of the two. He is always up for a good tug of war and has a habit pf putting his head on your leg and staring at you until he gets whatever it is he thinks he needs. So yeah, he has ended more than a few guitar sessions.
Old 01-29-2022, 11:06 AM
Charter Member

Had an Aussie, Click, litter mate of Clack, who would watch my guitar when I momentarily left the living room jam session. If anyone got too close he’d give a low warning growl. Great Dog! Miss you Click and Clack.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion