The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-11-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumble View Post
Breedlove SC/MY 529. Name this model?
You just did.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Charter Member

And so I did .It is a 1996 and understand that it was before they started designating any series name. Am I understanding correctly? . Now it would be part of the Oregon Series. I just picked this up on a trade and am blown away by it's warm,brilliant n round tone.

The single circle rosette is blood red . Is this in fact Blood wood?
Old 04-12-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulzoom View Post
It's really not that hard. I have no idea what all the Martin or Taylor designations are but when I'm interested I look it up on their website. If I can't find it I use a thing called Google. Takes an extra minute of my time.
Dont all these posts to the contrary indicate that its not as simple as you make it out to be? And I'm aware of "a thing called Google". Maybe you, and Google, are on a higher plane of intelligence than the rest of us?

My Music (Guaranteed bagipe free!): https://soundcloud.com/derek_barlas
Old 04-12-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulzoom View Post
It's really not that hard. I have no idea what all the Martin or Taylor designations are but when I'm interested I look it up on their website. If I can't find it I use a thing called Google. Takes an extra minute of my time.
Perhaps you can use Google and one minute of your time to help those who are confused then and answer this question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperB23 View Post
So is the Oregon series the first series made in the US? Is the Premier kind of like what the Focus used to be??
Old 04-18-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Glen View Post
I would argue that Breedlove's product line was ridiculous long ago. And I mean "ridiculous" literally: worthy of ridicule. As a consumer who has owned two of their guitars and enjoyed both of them, I am shocked when I peruse their website. If I find a model posted here on the AGF classifieds and then attempt to locate that particular model in the archives of their website, most times I cannot find what I'm looking for. It's an absolute trainwreck, but one which they seem persistent on keeping up. It's also sad because they make great guitars.

They do make great guitars. And you don't have to spend upwards of a grand to get a great one. Don't know if they are quite worthy of ridicule, but their site IS somewhat unorganized, and lazy. Perhaps whoever handles it is not the best suited for the job.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

I purchased one of these in 2010. Breedlove American Series OM-SREH. The label is signed by Kim Breedlove. I was never clear on American Series vs Revival Series, etc... I do know it's a fine all purpose guitar. It's been one of my main gigging guitars for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuTjqJuCVxQ

Last edited by FingahPickah; 09-19-2020 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:31 PM
Charter Member

This old post of mine could use a 2020 update because now it seems they have a whole new line of guitars again! Finding info on older models requires some investigative work for certain!

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 09-22-2020, 03:07 PM

Default Understanding Breedlove Guitars Series'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperB23 View Post
This old post of mine could use a 2020 update because now it seems they have a whole new line of guitars again! Finding info on older models requires some investigative work for certain!

Totally agree, I just purchased a 2016 stage Ltd parlor, 12 fret, slotted headstock, solid Sitka spruce top, solid rosewood sides and back. Beautiful guitar feel and sound wise. Tough to find much on this particular model, although I continue to google and this thread has been the most helpful re: listing the various series they have built.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:49 PM
Charter Member

Sadly, Breedlove dumbed down their website about the same time Martin dumbed down theirs. It used to be, you could search for any Martin guitar on their site (and Breedlove on theirs), & find the guitar you were looking for. They then realized it was more profitable to only provide searches for their current line-ups. Finding an older guitar in the archives, is difficult indeed. It's easier to just do a google search, & follow down the rabbit hole.
Steve
Old 12-24-2021, 03:03 PM

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but this seems to be the best place for my question. I'm looking into and researching the old revival line from breedlove. I've seen guitars with the traditional square headstock labeled American series (not labeled revival). Then I've seen what appear similar to identical guitars with the "revival" designation on the label. Are these the same guitars?

And what's the final word on the P Thompson/Jayson Bowerman vs standard Breedlove bracing differences between the years?
2021 Iris DF Burst
2021 Taylor Big Baby
2024 Eastman E2OM
Goldtone AC-12 Banjo
Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin P90
Seagull Walnut 12 EQ
Eastman MD505 Mandolin
Gladiator GL-221 Vintage
Squier 40th Anniversary Precision Bass, Vintage Edition

Last edited by Uncle Pen; 12-24-2021 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-24-2021, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
If the Focus is a step or two up from the American Series, you will have a stellar Guitar

Because my American C25 SME is already there
Focus is closer to a master class.
Old 12-24-2021, 04:00 PM

Well, at least this list includes my Breedlove. The OP didn't.

So much easier with Martin, where it's: eighteen series; twenty-eight series; all the rest.
Old 01-22-2024, 01:40 PM

I'm replying to this thread just to bookmark it. Currently have an American series all mahogany 000 in the revival style (though it does not say revival on the label). I also just bought a DR Deluxe Custom which is a fantastic guitar, but I do not think I'm going to keep it. It sounds nearly identical to my vintage D28, which I am not parting with.
1990s Hirade K5
1996 Ibanez AG600e
2000s Eastman E10D
2009 Breedlove American 000 MM
2007 Breedlove DR Deluxe Custom
2010s Eastman E10OM SB
Old 01-22-2024, 04:02 PM

This thread gives me a headache.
Old 01-23-2024, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie9 View Post
We're all confused about their model designations and having just had a look at their site they seem to have come up with a new array of models. I really think the confusion works against Breedlove and anyone trying to sell their guitars.
Yeah, me too. I own a guitar with the longest model name in history, I think: A Breedlove Signature Companion CE Copper Burst . It has disappeared from their web site.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion