The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-05-2015, 02:54 AM

Default Heil pr35 mic EQ tips please

Lead singer just bought Heil pr35. I seem to remember there being some mention a while back of them being briliant, but neding a somewhat specific EQ. Does anyone have any advice for me prior to next practice when I am going to have to EQ this thing and set levels etc. Many thanks.
Apologies if not in the correct tab but couldnt find anywhere more appropriate.
Fender Telecaster 72 Thinline
Aria ProII Nk700 Thru Neck refitted Passive Pick Ups
Line 6 FlextoneII XL
Roland MicroCube
Old 07-05-2015, 07:16 AM

I use no special EQ on the PR35. I just turn it up and enjoy it. It's pretty hot, so do the usual thing with a new mic and find it's level first.

*everything* is a tone control
Old 07-05-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BilliBob View Post
Lead singer just bought Heil pr35. I seem to remember there being some mention a while back of them being briliant, but neding a somewhat specific EQ. Does anyone have any advice for me prior to next practice when I am going to have to EQ this thing and set levels etc. Many thanks.
Apologies if not in the correct tab but couldnt find anywhere more appropriate.
If he likes to sing right up on the mic, and he has a deep voice, you may need to roll off some low end if your pa/amp can't handle a lot of lows well. The mic does low end very well but can overwhelm a bit. But it's just like any other mic; just adjust eq, if necessary, to fit the singers voice and set the volume to the mix and go.

It's a bit more prone to plosives than say, your SM58. I had to slightly adjust my angle of approach for mine, singing a bit off-axis rather than straight on. Feels kinda funny til you get used to it but it's no big deal. PR35 is a fantastic mic if it fits the voice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion