The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-23-2009, 10:17 AM

Default Twisted Road

Usually I practice a lot every day, then go and play and the rest of my life takes up the rest of my time.

This week, for the last 5 days, I've not picked up the guitar. I thought I'd give my fingers a rest, and give myself a chance to catch up on listening, because I forget to listen due to so much playing. (Well, of course I listen to whoever I'm playing with).

I started this by listening to some of the regulars here and was pretty blown away by the beauty of some of the players. Where it led me was to listen to some of their influences, and to some real surprises. Probably nearly all of you know of these gems but since I'm a jazz player, I haven't taken this road before and had never heard of any of these folks (I don't even recall their names right now, but one was Pierre B., another Jeff F., etc).

Yikes:: Listening is really a big deal and one I'd put aside for too long. Anytime I upload a song to YouTube, I spend a few hours listening to AGF members I like, but not on journey's like this.

SO: I just wanted to thank you all for the enlightenment, gorgeous music, and sharing it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion