The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-08-2010, 06:27 PM

hope it never gets loose/sticky gears!!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:01 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by usb_chord View Post
Drop dead gorgeous. I love the color scheme of the woods used for the gears. They really look beautiful with the bright hue of the adi top.

The only thing that's off-putting for me is the contour outline of the head on the headstock. It makes the headstock look a bit cluttered, in my opinion. I think the concept of "gear head" still works without the literal head drawing. Gear head-stock, perhaps?
bingo. I said that, too, but ultimately it was not my hands that does the final work.

I had planned the gears to come off the right side of the head stock and fall off the edge of the box. The hole became too small for my luthier's hands so it was back to the old drawing board.

The head ... well... for this one I figured I'd let the luthier play with the design, too.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:23 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by usb_chord View Post
Drop dead gorgeous. I love the color scheme of the woods used for the gears. They really look beautiful with the bright hue of the adi top.

The only thing that's off-putting for me is the contour outline of the head on the headstock. It makes the headstock look a bit cluttered, in my opinion. I think the concept of "gear head" still works without the literal head drawing. Gear head-stock, perhaps?
One of the highlights of the Montreal Show for me was seeing Judy Threat's first hand reaction when she saw the guitar. She froze in her tracks, busted out laughing and said "I love it and I totally get the theme". She said that many guitars make her smile but she really enjoyed the humor when she saw our creation. Its really gratifying receiving critiques from your peers but I hold her comments in high regard because she is such a talented inlay artist.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McKnight View Post
One of the highlights of the Montreal Show for me was seeing Judy Threat's first hand reaction when she saw the guitar. She froze in her tracks, busted out laughing and said "I love it and I totally get the theme". She said that many guitars make her smile but she really enjoyed the humor when she saw our creation. Its really gratifying receiving critiques from your peers but I hold her comments in high regard because she is such a talented inlay artist.
Judy Threet's guitars are overwhelmingly beautiful, just as yours. The gear head is a masterpiece.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion