The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-05-2003, 11:56 AM

Default soooooooo many taylors

i posted this somewhere else but i guess it should be here...

i went to Apalachain Bluegrass in Baltimore on saturday...i had heard they were one of the biggest taylor dealers but DAAAAMN

they had 2 LTD 700's with grafted walnut (o man i wish i had some $)...a W65, a couple braz 800's, a maple presentation series, a bunch of 4, 5, and 600 LTDs, a few 914s, and this sweet K14. wow. wow. i played the 710 L1 because i had never played grafted walnut (sounds amazing), and the presentation series for about 2 seconds, but then i started worrying it would fall apart in my hands since i have bad luck, and i had left my wallet 6 grand in small bills in my other pants.... they also had a liberty tree!

the guys in there are awesome too...i mentioned i wanted to learn mandolin and this guy was like "well come here" and he practically gave me a free mandolin lesson. it hurts my brain to play it but i think i will get one soon.

but **** i've never seen so many taylors....anyone live near this place? next guitar i buy, i might make a trip to get it here. awesome selection, the people are great...
Deserves death! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give that to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:02 PM

Location: Playing guitar (or piano, or bass, or drums, or singing....)

has it been in the "dealers section" of W&S??
of the forgiven and the lost
of the redeemed
Old 11-05-2003, 03:16 PM

I've been there a couple of times and they are great people. Very friendly and knowledgable.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:22 PM

I bought a '93 810 there and have been poking my head back in lately because I want a revoiced dread with the new wider neck. They are good folks. I feel bad because I am getting close to buying a 2002 510ltd because I want a mahogany/sitka dread from a dealer in TN - I could special order a standard issue 510 w/sitka from Appalachian, but then that thing is mine no matter what. The guy in TN said he'll give me 24 hours to ship it back if it doesn't knock my socks off.

Anybody looking at this thread live in the Baltimore area who would like to play some classic rock style stuff?
Old 11-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Undignified

Have not been there but have
heard good things about them.

2004 Martin OM28V

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion