The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-20-2013, 02:01 PM

Default Taylor Guitars service

Howdy folks,

I just came back with my two guitars (110ce and SolidBody Classic) from the Taylor Guitars service center here in The Netherlands and I just want to say that I couldn't be more happy. If you're buying a Taylor, you're not just buying a guitar, you're getting amazing service if you ever need it.

In terms of playability they feel like new (good thing).

They did give me the figurative smack upside the head because 1) I left my strings on for too long and 2) because I put them on wrong (too many windings).

That, and I was confronted with how sensitive and picky I am to tuning. I've driven my girlfriend nuts with tuning all the time so she jokingly brought that up (she was with me). My intonation was slightly off up the neck but I had to get it fixed because I play on every capo position up to and including the 9th fret. That, and I play movable open and barre chords up there sometimes. One of the repair guys said that 99 out of 100 people wouldn't hear it and that if I were your usual singer-songwriter I probably wouldn't notice it. Needless to say that did feel a little bit awkward.

Bottom line is, I'm never buying from another brand.

Just wanted to publicize my praise to this forum.

CZ
Old 08-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Charter Member

Good to hear CZ. Taylor does seem to have great service and they took good care of you. Good luck with your music!
Old 08-20-2013, 03:06 PM

Hey Cue, Taylor does have great customer service. Great to hear your accolades for them. Was this considered warranty work?
Old 08-20-2013, 04:17 PM

I was skeptical at first, I thought why wouldn't anybody else be just as good. Well, now I know - only Taylor's own employees really know how to get the most out of these instruments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Was this considered warranty work?
I had warranty work done last year, on my acoustic. Worn out frets, wrong neck angle, crackly ES-T pots (which I didn't even notice).

I was gonna go back to have the intonation on my 110ce looked at but I never got around to it until 10 months later (now).

The SolidBody just needed some fretwork and a little tweaking on the action. It had a little too much fretbuzz for me.

Besides knowing their way around their products they offer great advice as well.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:23 PM

I can attest that their service is second to none. I have sent them two guitars for service/repair. Not only were the guitars restored to "like new" showroom condition, but Taylor bent over backwards to make sure they exceeded my expectations. In the end, when one of the guitar cases was irreparably damaged during shipment, they didn't bother telling to put in a claim for insurance when I asked them to, instead they simply sent me a brand new one at no cost. Incredible customer service. I wish I could instill into my own employees that same level of service and commitment. Nothing short of amazing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion