The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-04-2006, 05:05 AM

Default DC Aura- Settings

Got my DC Aura today. Love it. Beautiful. Action needs a bit of loewring but the acoustic tone is sensational! If anyone has one, can you give me some hints it setting up the plugged sound. Setting, blends, phase etc...

Australia

Martin DC Aura
Old 08-04-2006, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgs
Got my DC Aura today. Love it. Beautiful. Action needs a bit of loewring but the acoustic tone is sensational! If anyone has one, can you give me some hints it setting up the plugged sound. Setting, blends, phase etc...
I can't help at all, Morgs, but I'm curious. I would have thought that an Aura system, built into a guitar, would have very little in the way of settings to be made. Isn't the idea that the guitar, or at least the model of guitar, is modeled at the factory and the Aura is pre-set to send a signal from the guitar that sounds like that instrument through a quality mic? Are the settings mic choices/positions? Are there built-in effects?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Tim
Old 08-04-2006, 06:16 AM

This is the secret....

Set the blend control to 70% to 100% ust
Set the tone controls to a sound you like for each image, storing them as you go

Set the image you want to use then slowly blend it into the mix until you get a natural sound (or one you like)

30% to 40% image seems to be about right

One warning stay away from a high image setting the guitar can become very bassy

I consider myself to be a great player;.... pity my ears and fingers disagree!!!!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion