The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-18-2009, 10:12 PM

Default Pickup for my 710

I need some help from all your experiences.

I have a 1999 710 that I want to add a permanent pickup to. I am a flatpicker/strummer, and I play a lot of Dave Matthews type music when I gig alone, and I also lead worship at church. I want something with a preamp, because I like being able to plug straight into a PA.

Here is where my dilemma starts. I am sending my 710 into Taylor to have them do a little work on the neck and do an overall refresh to it. I have thought about having them add an ES to it while it is in the shop. It is rather expensive to add, but it will already be in the shop, it will be installed by someone who knows my guitar better than I do, and it really isn’t that much more expensive than other top pickups (but I don't know if I want them cutting holes in my baby). I have also looked hard at some other systems, including a K&K Power Matrix Mini, D-Tar Multi-Source, and a Fishman Ellipse Aura.

I am just not sure what the best option would be. Help!
Any and all opinions are most welcome.
Little Martin (LXM)
Lots of Drums

Never develop a passion you can't afford. It'll eat your heart away like a bookworm. - Cornella Funke

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion