The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-22-2015, 01:45 PM

Default Martin Authentics & Dreadnaughts

Hey all - dropped in at Willie's on a Friday afternoon with the daughter to do some window shopping and to check out the stock. Played a couple of Martin Dreadnaughts (which I normally don't play - I had a D-28 when I first started playing and felt it a bit too unwieldly) - an D-41 and an HD-28. Um, yeah - there it was. That classic base thump of the Martin sound. Very impressive. Still unsure if the Dreadnaught size is for me, but may be revisiting my self-imposed restrictions on Dreadnaughts.

Now, they happened to have a OM-18 1933 Authentic (mahogany back and side with and Adi top). I know understand what Rich has been saying about the Authentic line. It's the first Authentic I've run across and it did not disappoint. Now if I can only get my hands on the new OM-28 Authentic.... Both my daughter and I thought it was the best sounding guitar we'd played that day and that would include a number of Collings and vintage Gibsons (as well as the aforementioned Martins).

“Out of dialogue with others comes rhetoric. Out of dialogue with yourself comes poetry.”

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion