The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-17-2022, 08:06 AM
Runaway Tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
I've been a Taylor player for over twenty years before re-calibrating and taking in a Martin OM-28 four months ago. Last weekend I got the chance to try a Taylor 814ce. That was an interesting experience! Bob Taylor has always said that no matter what he did to his designs, they always "came out of the oven" sounding like a Taylor. And now, with Andy Powers at the design helm, Taylor seems to have worked on rounding out the more strident aspects of their guitars. This new one I played had a very pretty top end over a smoother midrange than their previous ones. The rounding was reminiscent of the frequency spectrum effect of a cedar top on a Taylor - less upper mids . . . . {clipped}
Bob this is an excellent assessment. I would add that after 2+ years the 814ce V-class develops quite a bass, also, while keeping its clarity and balance.
Former AGF Moderator

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion