The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-08-2024, 08:36 PM

Default Acoustic Vibes-Phoenix

I just got a 2003 Martin D-28 from Acoustic Vibes Music. I was visiting relatives in Phoenix and by chance went to the store while my wife checked out a rose garden nearby. The store had a large selection of major manufacturer guitars as well as guitars from smaller makers. The D-28 stood out above other Martins I tried. There was a misunderstanding/miscommunication about the price. I emailed Jeff about the problem and he promptly responded with an offer I couldn’t refuse. He went way above what I expected. The guitar arrived today. Nice!
Old 04-08-2024, 08:45 PM
Charter Member

I love that store and it's maybe the best of the many i've been to all over the country. Jeff is aweome. They have one of the best selections of really good stuff I've ever seen. I haven't been there in several years, but he had tons of Taylor and Martin, but also Bourgeois, McPherson, Bedell, Breedlove, Collings, Lowden, Gallagher and more. The staff working are great, too. Absolutely a place to go if you wanna great experience and incredible selection.
Old 04-08-2024, 08:48 PM
Charter Member

I had a bad experience with them that's kept me from going back. It wasn't customer service. It was being sold the wrong instrument (correct model but not the same used one shown on the website) and this one had damage I didn't notice at first.

I did enjoy the store and got to play a lot of fantastic instruments that aren't common in brick and mortar stores. If you're in the valley and want to see a variety of high end acoustics, it's a must visit.
Old 04-08-2024, 08:53 PM
Charter Member

Funny I was just there for the first time myself on Saturday with my son. I enjoyed the shop and the visit. I was able to try a few brands and guitars that I had never played before like Boucher and Atkin, also played a Martin Super D which was fascinating.

The best two guitars I played there were the Santa Cruz D 12 and the Martin D-28 Aged Authentic, both were great guitars that would be at home in my personal collection.

High End Guitar Review Videos.
www.youtube.com/user/rockinb23
Old 04-09-2024, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

I haven't been able to make it to the shop yet but I purchased a Bourgeois from them a while back. Jeff was great to work with. The guitar arrived set up just like I'd requested. And they usually have a selection of interesting instruments.
Old 04-09-2024, 09:15 AM
Charter Member

How was the neck on the D-28 authentic at Acoustic Vibes? Is it a real fat V or on the slimmer side?
Martin J-40 Adi custom 2018
Martin OM-28 Adi Gruhn Special
McPherson Sable
Fender American Professional II Telecaster
Fender American Professional II Stratocaster
Northfield Big Mon Engleman top
Northfield Big Mon Adirondack top
Companion custom woody banjo
Fender '68 custom Vibro Champ Reverb amp

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion