The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:10 AM
A Santa Fe Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcsong
any pictures of his headstocks?
Here is the best shot I guess of what I have seen.

The Artist's Mission Blog
Coastland Tampa
My MySpace

Cornerstone SJ #007 - Camatillo/Sinker Redwood
Taylor 815c 1984 Lemon Grove - Brazilian/Sitka
Yamaha LL-11 - Beach Guitar - EIR/Engelmann
Peavey Grind Bass BXP NTB
Old 09-07-2006, 11:12 AM
A Santa Fe Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeger29
Jim -- I REALLY like the logo. Great job on that. Stylish, unique, memorable, and approriately symbolic.

Can I ask, though, what the difference is between a regular guitar and a "worship guitar"? Does that limit the luthier's potential audience, or does it help, as he appears to focus on guitars (apparently) built for worship?
Thanks Jaeger

Ummm, in a professional sense, I think he is limiting himself. I am sure Peter will chime in when he is free to answer that. His current logo says "worship guitars" but his label does not.

Coastland Tampa
My MySpace

Old 09-07-2006, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Coyote
Thanks Jaeger

Ummm, in a professional sense, I think he is limiting himself. I am sure Peter will chime in when he is free to answer that. His current logo says "worship guitars" but his label does not.
He may be limiting himself, but for a smaller builder of anything getting a good hold of a small market can be a good way to go. You don't need everyone wanting one of your guitars/products, just enough to keep you busy.
Gone
1999 Larrivee D-03
1970s Yamaha FG
Old 09-07-2006, 11:27 AM
A Santa Fe Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED C
He may be limiting himself, but for a smaller builder of anything getting a good hold of a small market can be a good way to go. You don't need everyone wanting one of your guitars/products, just enough to keep you busy.
Precisely, and it's why I think Peter will chime in with "his" vision for his guitars. It's one thing to have a professional opinion on an issue, but a professional opinion can never supplant the vision or passion of the founder.

Coastland Tampa
My MySpace

Last edited by Plaid Coyote; 09-07-2006 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:56 AM

I'm happy to announce that Peter is in the process of joining the ranks of our esteemed Charter Manufacturers. That means he helps support the AGF financially in exchange for limited rights to represent his business here. We still maintain our non-commercial nature, but this is a definite plus for both the AGF and our Charter Manufacturers.

Thanks, Peter! Love your website, and look forward to learning more about your guitars.

cotten
Old 09-07-2006, 12:03 PM
A Santa Fe Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten
I'm happy to announce that Peter is in the process of joining the ranks of our esteemed Charter Manufacturers. That means he helps support the AGF financially in exchange for limited rights to represent his business here. We still maintain our non-commercial nature, but this is a definite plus for both the AGF and our Charter Manufacturers.

Thanks, Peter! Love your website, and look forward to learning more about your guitars.

cotten
Peter is a stand-up guy. In the few conversations I've had with him he has been passionate about his work and doing right by me. I really look forward to seeing how this guitar comes together as well as getting to know Peter better.

Coastland Tampa
My MySpace

Old 09-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Perennially Maladroit

Thumbs up

Nice looking woods!
That should be a beauty when it's completed!

I really like the logo— nice symmetry & balance with the text! The use of the anchor is a visually pleasing image without attaching an overtly religious icon. I think you've accomplished a successful blend of imagey & typography into an effective identitty. Congrats to you both on this account!
Old 09-07-2006, 03:28 PM

To start off, I am flattered that Jim is taking this much time to post the progress pics of his guitar! This can also be followed on my website as I will post most progress pics there.

The Worship Guitar Concept?... There are many (thousands) of guitar manufacturers out there (both luthiers and factories) but how many of those are Christian? not many but some. How many "target" the Christian market? Not many but some. Will you not buy a great guitar because it was made by a Christian person?
I will give the buyer a choice at logos and labels... if you want to profess your faith by displaying it on your guitar, I will do that for you, but if you choose not to, I will give you that choice too! Actions speak louder than words…
BUT...BEFORE you buy a guitar from me you'll know what I believe in, what I stand for and what my principles are. Honesty, integrity and a strong belief of "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is the way I like to conduct my business.
Many builders would not be open to share their religious beliefs or principles, and I do guarantee that if many of them did, it would cost them many sales. My vision is to offer Christian and non-Christian players a guitar build by a Christian luthier that built that instrument with a strong passion for his work. Though many of you may disagree with my personal beliefs, my principles and work ethics would withstand many tests and my guitars will still be made with the same quality and integrity standards one would expect from a custom made handcrafted guitar!
I don’t want to turn this thread into a religious argument; this is only my concept….
www.cornerstoneguitar.com

Ukuleles...
www.cornerstoneukes.com
Old 09-07-2006, 03:43 PM

Isn't your concept (and your post) in and of itself a religious argument?

Not that it matters to my above question, but I'm a Christian. Yet I don't know why it would matter to me what the maker of my guitar believed. I don't know if Bill Collings is a Christian, agnostic or worships a statue of Andy Dick in his garage. He makes great guitars.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:51 PM
A Santa Fe Artist

I want a Christian Luthier with a statue of Andy Dick in his garage... cause isn't that the best of both worlds?

Coastland Tampa
My MySpace

Old 09-07-2006, 03:56 PM

Default time for glasses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaid Coyote
I want a Christian Luthier with a statue of Andy Dick in his garage... cause isn't that the best of both worlds?
*whew*

when i first read this, i saw "Any" instead of "Andy"

that made for a "moment"

hehe

http://www.youtube.com/ayavner

2006 Martin OMC Aura (Laurelin)
1998 Martin HD-28 (Telperion)
Epiphone WildKat w p90s and Bigsby!
1997 Rickenbacker 360/12V64

Dearly Departed:
1981 Yamaha FG 335
Alvarez AJ60SC12
Regal RD35 Roundneck dobro
Old 09-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Me

Like anything else in life and music, some will like an idea, some will not.
There is nothing that I can see that is wrong with Peter's concept, other than the obvious issues that he already knows about.
There are several things that I think are right with his concept.

Will it limit his market? Of course, but he knows that. That is his concern.
Will it limit the quality of his instruments? Of course not. That is the customers concern.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:59 PM

looks like a cool guitar there Jim!
Old 09-07-2006, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-red
Isn't your concept (and your post) in and of itself a religious argument?

Not that it matters to my above question, but I'm a Christian. Yet I don't know why it would matter to me what the maker of my guitar believed. I don't know if Bill Collings is a Christian, agnostic or worships a statue of Andy Dick in his garage. He makes great guitars.
I don't beleive so. It is simply an answer to a question! I am not arguing the fact that I am right or wrong. Just giving the reason why I do it this way.
www.cornerstoneguitar.com

Ukuleles...
www.cornerstoneukes.com
Old 09-07-2006, 04:06 PM
A Santa Fe Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A
Nice looking woods!
That should be a beauty when it's completed!

I really like the logo— nice symmetry & balance with the text! The use of the anchor is a visually pleasing image without attaching an overtly religious icon. I think you've accomplished a successful blend of imagey & typography into an effective identitty. Congrats to you both on this account!
Thanks Kevin. Sometimes you land on something and are real happy right away, other times it is a real labor. I got such a good feel from Peter of what he wanted, and of course I know the market, so this was fun and flowed easily. I love when that happens.

Coastland Tampa
My MySpace

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion