The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-29-2022, 09:53 AM

Default Snark Picks

I don't remember seeing Snark picks discussed so apologies in advance if they were already. I find them pretty close to a Dunlop Primetone and you can't go wrong for $2/dozen. I have some heavies that I have been wanting to try.

I have used Snarks before and like them but am not a fan of the label on them. It makes them less grippy. I decided to put them in boiling water to see if it would come off and, sure enough after doing so, it peeled right off.

Anyway, that was my useless knowledge tip of the day lol

Time to put a set of D'Addario XS's on my Lakewood and strum away on a snowy, stormy Saturday.

Cheers!!
Old 01-31-2022, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the tip.......I tried it and they are grippier now, and better looking too. I like the generic look.
Old 02-09-2022, 05:10 PM

I bought a pack of their .78s. Emailed Snark right away at the email address on the package to tell them how disappointed I was that they chose to make these in China (but they're "designed in USA" -- ooh, wow...). Wish I'd checked before buying. Come on -- for what they call the pick with "the best tone - ever," and still being quite inexpensive, I'd think they could afford to make them in virtually any other country and sell them for whatever price they need to, and do fine.
They also oddly say that "rough pick edges create drag" and that their picks are laser-cut for precision, and polished for thirty hours, yet they give you a pick file so you can, I guess, shape them and "rough-up" the edges to your liking. A lot of marketing going on here.
BTW, after emailing them, I got a "undeliverable" auto-reply email, and there is no "snarkpicks.com" website as their email address suggests.
The picks do look cool, for the little that that's worth, and they do have a good grip surface IMO. Tone-wise, I'll have to give them some time to assess.
Overall, not real impressed.
But they managed to get my money, didn't they?

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic
Old 02-09-2022, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
Thanks for the tip.......I tried it and they are grippier now, and better looking too. I like the generic look.
my pleasure
Old 02-09-2022, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis View Post
I bought a pack of their .78s. Emailed Snark right away at the email address on the package to tell them how disappointed I was that they chose to make these in China (but they're "designed in USA" -- ooh, wow...). Wish I'd checked before buying. Come on -- for what they call the pick with "the best tone - ever," and still being quite inexpensive, I'd think they could afford to make them in virtually any other country and sell them for whatever price they need to, and do fine.
They also oddly say that "rough pick edges create drag" and that their picks are laser-cut for precision, and polished for thirty hours, yet they give you a pick file so you can, I guess, shape them and "rough-up" the edges to your liking. A lot of marketing going on here.
BTW, after emailing them, I got a "undeliverable" auto-reply email, and there is no "snarkpicks.com" website as their email address suggests.
The picks do look cool, for the little that that's worth, and they do have a good grip surface IMO. Tone-wise, I'll have to give them some time to assess.
Overall, not real impressed.
But they managed to get my money, didn't they?
oh well, at least you tried lol

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion