The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-18-2024, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Default bone conducting headphones for in ear replacement

Just curious. Does anyone use the wired bone conducting headphones for your in ear monitor. I have an in ear system I use for really loud places. I actually like in ears to help keep me from pushing. Anyway, I see these bone sonducting phones and I thought that might be a great way to hear the room and also the monitor mix. Anyone replaced in ears with "On ears"
Old 04-18-2024, 04:59 PM

I bought a wireless Bluetooth set to try. It's disappointing that they're audible when cranked up. I thought they weren't supposed to be audible. The low frequency response is disappointing.

Anyway, I like my multi-driver KZ earbuds well enough that I don't really want to go to anything else. I am intrigued by the bones ones. I had no idea there were wired ones.

Last edited by YamahaGuy; 04-19-2024 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:52 AM

I've considered this also after seeing Jeremy Kittel of Kittel & Co. using bone conductors as in-ears. The tricky bit is finding a wired pair, almost all of them are bluetooth from my understanding.

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

Old 04-23-2024, 09:38 AM
Charter Member

The search is on. I have got to try it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification