The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-26-2024, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Default Custom Lowden price range?

So I have another thread on here due to my recently purchased used F23c fan fret having a dead G note. Still trying to fix that, but if I need to return it, I’m wondering what my other options are, as there are precious few fan fret Lowdens out there as far as I can tell, and I can’t afford the ones that are. If I went with say a custom, lower model Lowden like an O25 (I’d prefer an O for the bass anyway)with fan frets what sort of price range would I be looking at? I haven’t been able to find any info online. Probably can’t afford it anyway; but it would be good to know. I got the F23c used for a little over $3000, so…
Old 03-26-2024, 04:06 PM

It depends on the woods used and if/what "custom" work you might have done. My F50 Ancient Cuban Mahogany was just under $9,000 two years ago. You could go either side of that price. Some woods/combinations are only available as 50-series guitars.
Old 03-26-2024, 05:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPlayer View Post
It depends on the woods used and if/what "custom" work you might have done. My F50 Ancient Cuban Mahogany was just under $9,000 two years ago. You could go either side of that price. Some woods/combinations are only available as 50-series guitars.
Thanks. Yeah I’m thinking bare bones is fine, maybe Cedar over rosewood O25 style, but I would need fan frets. I played a gorgeous O25 at the Music Emporium that was under $5000. How does it work for customs - do you contact a dealer for a quote?
Old 03-26-2024, 06:25 PM

Just contact the factory and they'll tell you how to proceed.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion