The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-04-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzbucket View Post
I would do it for you but I'm a bit scared that I might die suddenly.

What song did the previous guy work out for you?
I dont blame you lol
Old 06-04-2015, 05:19 PM

Thanks everyone for tips. I have already looked into some of these. I did learn a a bit of music theory and scales. I cant sight read music but i can work out a tab from music. It just takes ages and i cant be bothered. I dont have the time to learn either,

The guy who passed away that i mentioned earlier.... he arranged a town called malice by the jam for me. (Im a bit of a rocker even on fingerstyle lol)
It was an imcredible arrangement. If im going to the trouble to learn a song fingerstyle i like to learn everything. The bass, melody and percussion and this is what i want.

Im self taught and been learning guitar for a few years. I can hardly strum and i realised i wasnt much of a singer either so i tried classical but didnt like all the rules, so then discovered fingerstyle and dabbled a bit in blue grass too.
Its been hard work learning fingerstyle and even some tears lol But it was worth it as im now quite capable.
In terms of learning new material i dont want to keep copying other people song choices, although Its been great for learning.
God bless you tube.

Iv learned a lot of sungha jung arrangements, and i like to play in that style. Im not brilliant but doing ok. However the arrangements are complex on paper and way too advanced for me to learn how to do myself. I dont play drums or bass so hve very little knowledge of how to arrange them on guitar but i can understand and follow them on tab.

The guy who died charged me £30 to arrange the song and it was agreed that i would credit the arrangement to him if i played it in public, and i was happy for him to keep the copyright or whatever it is you call 'ownership' of a tab, for instance it was his to sell to others and i wouldnt upload the tab for free or anything. He was in the process of setting up a website to sell arrangements (which came about due to me asking him to do one for me and being willing to pay for it)
. Thats what im trying to find out here...... if anyone is offering this service or is able to and is interested. I dont have lot of money but i want a few songs done and probably regular.
The song i want to learn next and have arranged is atomic by blondie. Bass, melody and percussion in the arrangement.

So if anyone is interested or can point me in the direction of someone who offers this specific service, then please get in touch with prices. Thank you
Old 06-04-2015, 05:32 PM

Sorry but why don't you try some software which can transcribe MIDI files and display them in an understandable way. There are programs which can display fingerpositions on a fretboard as well and play the file at the same time, at any speed.
MIDI files can be found everywhere for free and there are millions of em. They're even used in music tutorials and are possibly one of the easiest ways to learn to play.

Ludwig

Last edited by Von Beerhofen; 06-04-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Beerhofen View Post
Sorry but why don't you try some software which can transcribe MIDI files and display them in an understandable way. There are programs which can display fingerpositions on a fretboard as well and play the file at the same time, at any speed.
MIDI files can be found everywhere for free and there are millions of em. They're even used in music tutorials and are possibly one of the easiest ways to learn to play.

Ludwig
thats not what i was looking for. Im not great on computors. I wanted something specific and i dont think im going to find it on this site but was worth a try. I will just keep searching. But thanks for taking the time to reply
Old 06-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Charter Member

Hi Millie,

There are many, many fingerstyle songbooks that may contain some of the songs that you are looking for. If you want to list a few songs that you are interested in, maybe there is a book or two that someone could recommend. Also, although it is more work (fun), there are simple books that explain how to create your own fingerstyle arrangements from the melody and chords.

Ron

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion