The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
I still find it so ironic that a major differentiator with a carbon guitar maker is their use of wood? The unveiling of the veneer packages seem similar to the showing of spectacular woods in the custom area. Their use of veneers does make efficient use of rare wood.
Even the most ardent carbon fiber fans can appreciate beautiful wood. Many of us have wood and CF instruments. Certainly, the way Emerald adorns their guitars with those striking veneers sets them apart... but, it is the guitar beneath that veneer that makes it one of my favorites. Maybe it was the fact that I bought my X7 Opus first, but several things came rushing at me when I opened that box: Oh, that is smaller than I thought... that carbon fiber weave is sharp-looking... it sounds bigger than I expected... and finally, after playing for a couple minutes: it is so comfortable!

When I opened the box with the X20, it was a different order: Oh my goodness, that louro preto is even prettier and more understated than the photos... it is flawless... oh, that feels big after the X7... very comfortable... and, after the first strum: the tone is incredible!

I think the Emerald folks understand how to differentiate their instruments. They don't really look like other guitars, wood or carbon fiber - there is a unique design element throughout the line. They obviously considered the ergonomics - these guitars are so comfortable; I notice the difference every time I pick up one of my other guitars. Tone and sound are subjective, but these guitars do it for me. Oh, yeah - and those veneers!
Old 11-08-2017, 10:16 AM
Guest 928

Sean;

Thank you. I like the sound of "fretting station," sounds like my train is about to arrive. Good news for the day.

Also, I've really enjoyed, and benefited, from the contributions of the folks on this forum. I would welcome video of the new electric being played by a good player, on the forum, before I get the guitar. This would be a nice sharing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber