The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-03-2021, 10:59 AM

Default New guitar suggestions

If I decided to sell my 2017 Martin GP35E which is in excellent condition. Some light pick scratches is all I can see. How much do you think this guitar would sell for?
I’d also want another Spruce/ rosewood guitar and am wondering what suggestions you might have in the $2000-3000 price range. I’d consider use and new.nI’m a three year beginner, progressing well. 66 years old. A dread is probably to big.
My other guitars are a Gibson J-45 standard and a Martin OM-15 all hog custom.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:21 AM

Man, so many options. and so hard to say what will work for you (of course.) with a 3K budget, you can get a pretty good guitar.

I think a martin om-28 would be incredible. i would personally either go for a breedlove revival model if i found a rosewood om used or would go for a modern breedlove spruce/rosewood concert body

But I am a newly converted breedlove fan. not only because of how the guitars i've played sound, but also because they are local to me (made in Oregon, I personally would not go for the overseas models) and i like that they have an intentionality around being environmentally sustainable as much as they can. And, to me, they sound pretty darn phenomenal. Different from gibsons and martins so they won't scratch an itch that is yearning for those signature sounds. I also like the fact that they use a variety of tonewood combinations -- which can also get very confusing though!

if a jumbo size or dreadnaught would work, then I would look at an oxnard guild d55 or f55. they are both very very nice guitars

or, i would also be open to a used Huss and Dalton rosewood OM. You may find one under 3K used.

a local guitar shop has a 12 fret Huss and Dalton 00 with spruce and rosewood and it is so very very tasty. Chocolate smooth dark and so so sweet.. oh my lord all these lovely guitars jerk my heart strings around as if they were (informed) women..
Old 05-03-2021, 12:25 PM

OM28 was the first thing that came to mind.
Gibson J200
Furch MC Yellow Gc-CR SPA
Guild G212
Eastman E2OM-CD
Old 05-03-2021, 03:23 PM

New or used Larrivee L-09 or L-10.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:33 PM

I think you should add a Grand Auditorium to your arsenal. Personally, even though I should love the GP Martin from the Spec Sheet, never found one I thought sounded great.

I'd say look at a Furch G-SR.

Something like this: https://reverb.com/item/39886948-fur...-sunburst-2021

Or

https://reverb.com/item/40348899-fur...2vnjQHmFVSTu8k

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion