The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-30-2022, 09:02 PM

Default GC trip...Today

I played:
GS-Mini...Blackwood LTD It was fine for a small guitar, I thought I would give it a shot after reading some of these threads..
Cort GA-PF Grand Regal Bevel Cut Pao Ferro Acoustic-Electric ...Sorry not impressed but it was a pretty guitar

Epiphone IBG Hummingbird it was Okay dead strings
Epiphone IBG J-45 both the Epiphones were heavy... the J45 had no highs...lots of lows but the top end was gone... probably strings

Martin D15 Mmmm first Martin I liked(sounded great) but it felt so unrefined/rough? Imagine either a black binding or vintage creme or something Again the first Martin I actually liked It might be in my future

Gibson G45 Nice..loud. nice tone but it looked so cheap...body wise it reminded me of one of those all solid RK's that sold for $399 a few years back..but it did sound Gooood!! I was really close on this one.. They need to step up the bling a little charge $200 more and it would be a hit...They went too cheap on the visual part of the package fix this and I'll buy it
On both of these guitar even if they faked binding like Taylor did it would make them stand out better.

Guild D240 Nope... thin, it sounds good but was a quiet guitar

Nothing made me want to dump the Taylor... But the Gibson and Martin were close if they would just put binding on the Gibson and Martin I might of..

The Taylor AD17 is loud...even louder than my Alvarez...It's articulate...but use the right pick to tame highs.. But maybe a string change is in order..to help that

It was fun and it helped me to stand fast with my decision on the Taylor but also gave me something to watch for in the future.....

Last edited by CASD57; 05-31-2022 at 06:37 AM. Reason: More details
Old 05-31-2022, 05:37 AM

I played an Ad17 and really liked it.

2021 Taylor 114e
2020 Martin 000-18
2020 Martin LXME
Old 05-31-2022, 07:58 AM

I believe you have found a keeper. If you really want to get confused try Martin standard series. I know every one loves the 15 series, but it's not for me. 18 and above is where it's at.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j38guitar View Post
I believe you have found a keeper. If you really want to get confused try Martin standard series. I know every one loves the 15 series, but it's not for me. 18 and above is where it's at.
Nooooo lol I'm scared too
Old 05-31-2022, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
I was really close on this one.. They need to step up the bling a little charge $200 more and it would be a hit...They went too cheap on the visual part of the package fix this and I'll buy it

But the Gibson and Martin were close if they would just put binding on the Gibson and Martin I might of..
Hear, hear! A guitar without binding just looks unfinished to me. I don't even like when the front is bound but the back is unbound. It just looks off.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion