The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-15-2010, 09:14 PM

Default My Custom GA should be here any day now, can't wait!

I have a custom ordered that shipped last Thursday. Basically, a GA7 (same appointments and ivoroid binding) with cutaway and antique gold Gotohs. I requested a dark cedar top and to have the neck stained to match the rosewood. CV bracing. Hope it's as nice as I hope it will be. Just posting out of excitement I suppose. Anybody have anything like this?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:21 PM

Looks like we'll both soon be getting "tweaked" 7-series. I actually just ordered a Custom GA from Jim at GR last week which will be similar to a 714c. Dropped the electronics but kept the cutaway, switched the top to Engelmann, headstock overlay to Ebony (with gloss finish), and went with flamed Koa binding throughout. The only inlays are the 4mm abalone dots that come on the 714 normally, and the purfling will be white fiber just like a 714 as well. Congrats on the new addition, and post pics when she comes in!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:47 AM

Sounds pretty nice, be sure to post some pics as well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion