The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-29-2024, 06:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
This, but there is one more choice:
  • Buy a Venta humidifier. No distilled water or wicks, but it is not a "budget" humidifier

I just got a venta lw45 used on eBay for about $150 off the price of new. It is still an expensive humidifier, but it really is quiet, powerful and well designed. No wicks, just cleaning every so often. I only wish the reservoir was larger.

I was using a Vornado EVDC 500 combined with a small steam unit. With hard water I was replacing filters more than monthly, scrubbing the steam unit, soaking in vinegar and refilling twice a day with 3 water containers up a flight of stairs. All to keep the RH between 32% and 37%.

I haven’t had it long enough to know if it will get me to above 40% like I want, but it is up to 39% now and no wicks, no juggling jugs, less frequent fills maybe not (similar overall capacity) but I can bring down a 5 gal bucket of water every 2-3 days, which is easier for me.

So far, I think it will be worth it. Anyone want to buy a big Vornado?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion