The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-01-2000, 10:56 PM

Cool My New Arrival !!! First Impressions.....

Hey All....

New to the forum so Hi to everyone....
Great to see so many Taylorites out there...

I've had my 810 for about 5 years now, and it needed some repairs done to the back where the wood was splitting, likely due to hunidity... I hated the thought of sending it back though and being guitarless for so long....

The solution ?? Well...it was my 40th birthday this week anyway ... and so my dear wife bought me a new Taylor 955 which we just picked up today... What a gorgeous instrument.. The sound is tremendous...

I tuned it down to D and tightened the neck a bit, but in retrospect I think I'm going to go back to E as it throws me off. Action seems a tad high, but that because we adjusted the neck a bit to get rid of a very slight buzz at the 2nd fret. I think in the end I'll bring it in and we'll pull the strings, lower the saddle, and see if we can get a more uniform "feel" all the way down the fretboard...

Anyway... I'll snap some photos tomorrow. Will you guys make mine the example on the "models" page?

Ciao for now...

Feel free to pop by my website anytime at www.stevelevine.com

stevertr
Old 12-02-2000, 03:13 AM

Talking

Hey great to have you here Steve. Always a pleasure meeting new people who love their Taylor guitars. =)

Great choice in your original 810 selection, I have a newly bought 810bce myself, and loving it =). Also, what a sweet wife to buy you a guitar for your birthday. Now if only I could find a woman like that...haha, anyways, Happy Birthday, and what a way to celebrate with a new Taylor! =) Awaiting the nice pictures of it, once again, welcome to the forum.
Randall
Old 12-02-2000, 04:32 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Talking

Hi, Steve. Welcome to the Forum! It's great to have you here. Are you the same Steve Levine that owns the awesome Terry C. McInturff Zodiacs? Hint: www.tcmguitars.com

Congrats on the new arrival! I'd love to have some pictures of it when you get a chance. They'll occupy a special place in the Taylor photo gallery. I know we don't have any 955's listed there.

Regards,
J.R. Rogers
Administrator
Old 12-02-2000, 08:24 PM

Talking

Photos have been sent...

Just a heads up...I sent a zipped file of photos of the 955 over to you...

Let me know if you want photos of the 810 as well....

As for the sweet wife... She's actually quite a ***** at times but I love her the same...

In the end...letting me buy these things once in a while usually comes back to haunt me...when SHE buys something next week...

Last year... she let me upgrade my Ferrari... (www.stevelevine.com/car.htm) but it's been haunting me ever since as I find myself "without hand" as George Costanza would say...

Anyway...

Have fun all!

Steve

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion