The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-30-2015, 08:02 AM
Charter Member

Default 2,000 Guitars mini book review

We went on a family visit to Barnes & Noble right after Christmas to spend Christmas gift cards.

My wife found this book on a discount rack (although it's a brand new 2015 edition)

Funny enough, I couldn't even find it on B&N's website so I had to link it from Amazon.

The book was first published in 2009 and updated in 2015 so it seems current. The descrtiption explains that the book is arranged in sections by guitar types but that is not correct. It is purely alphabetical so maybe that is a leftover from the original edition.

The book is, essentially, an alphabetical encyclopedia of guitar brands with extensive color photographs illustrating several examples of each. The book is mostly an eye-candy coffee table book with very nice pictures.

I am enjoying it as a browsing book and occasional reference. For example, I came across a posting about a brand and went to this book to learn about the brand and its history.

The authors obviously had some favorites or more familiar brands - for example Breedlove and Campanello only got a brief passing mention but there is a lot of interesting info and tons of photos in a nice high quality hardcover book.

It was on the discount rack at B&N for only $17 which is a really low price for such a big coffee table photo book.

I recommend it.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 12-31-2015, 07:41 AM

That looks like a real find. I'm glad to see/read that people are actually buying books.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:04 AM

My lady friend got me this coffee table book for Christmas :

Dang you Fazool ! Now I've got 999 guitars envy !!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion