The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-30-2013, 11:45 AM

Default Tennessee road trip / gibson plant tour

Greetings everyone!

My wife and I are planning a trip through Tennessee and I want to incorporate a little bit of guitar related fun stuff.

Questions - We would like to do the Gibson factory tour. Does Gibson manufacture in Nashville AND Memphis? It appears that Memphis is the main factory and Nashville is showroom / store? What else do ya'll recommend as must-do fun excursions in Nashville or Memphis? Guitar stores, good restaurants, clubs, etc.

I know a lot of you have been down that way and I appreciate any advice.

Charles
Old 07-30-2013, 12:19 PM

I know that Les Pauls are made at the Nashville site and I believe that the hollowbody's are made at the Memphis plant. Other than that I'm not sure.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Fun excursions in Nashville? Go to Knoxville and the Great Smoky Mountains. It's a wee bit east of there...

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 07-30-2013, 12:41 PM

If you're going to Nashville, even if you're not staying there, you should check out the Opryland Hotel. It connects to the mall and the Grand Ole Opry. Downtown, check out Tootsie's, The Country Music Hall of Fame, and the Wild Horse Saloon. Gruhn's has recently relocated, but also a great stop for guitar players.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion