The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-18-2001, 04:43 PM

Post Strapless Taylor-Help!

I was playing my 810e for church yesterday, and halfway through our group's special the strap decided to quit it's job-it slipped off the endpin jack. Fortunately, I was able to catch my guitar before the tile floor did. This was the first time it's happened in public, and now I'm a little gun-shy about strapping it up next week. Have any of you come up with a way to keep a strap on the input jack? I've had some ideas in the past but nothing's worked. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 06-19-2001, 12:49 PM

Hrm...one idea you can do is take an old 1/4" plug and attach it on to the end pin after you put on your strap. =P It gives it a little more room that your strap would have to fit through (and most of the time wouldn't fit through). Enjoy. =)
Randall
Old 06-21-2001, 02:41 PM

If you put a 1/4 " jack in the end pin jack in the guitar, you will wear down your battery in the onboard systems. Pull your battery out.
Old 06-22-2001, 09:41 AM

y'know, I have a Stratocaster+ that has these nifty locking strap pins -- no way to disengage without pulling out on the little buttons. I wonder why Taylor, the renaissance guitar makers of the last 50 years, never came up with something similar?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion