The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

View Poll Results: How Do You Like Your Set Up Done?
Extra low and Extra light 3 27.27%
Medium and Light 6 54.55%
Medium and Medium 2 18.18%
Pizza 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2014, 03:59 PM

Default Set-up combos

A few months ago I had a set-up done on my favorite, a 1941 00-17, by a tech I've gone to a while here in NY who has always been very good and done right by me and more importantly by my guitars. I just could not get used to it and found myself playing it less and less. Could not dig in. Could not get the tone I was used to hearing from it. And it felt like an electric to my hands. Not to my taste. Took it back, he adjusted it gratis, raising the action some and putting on some kind of medium light coated strings, I forget which brand, as opposed to the extra lights he had put on. He had put the extra lights on there only because the bracing put him in an extra cautious mood, I have never used those. Anyway, guitar is back to normal. This was probably the single biggest change to any of my guitars in a long time.

So the question is, do you prefer your guitars set up extra low and extra light; medium height and regular light; medium and medium; or Pizza?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion