The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-03-2024, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Modern marketing. They are asking you to advertise for them, for free. This often appeals to the ego because everyone wants to be heard.
I find the idea that I need to give someone my money AND give them my time to write a review to be a bit obnoxious. But, I'm happy to give a review if I received exceptional service/product, or if I feel I need to warn people.
These are usually not "reviews" on an external site (advertising as you said) but rather internal surveys that are kept within the company/medical office.
Old 04-03-2024, 07:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2Me View Post
These are usually not "reviews" on an external site (advertising as you said) but rather internal surveys that are kept within the company/medical office.
I've never received any such surveys and I don't think my wife has either. Maybe it has to do with age (we're younger than most on this forum) or the state we live in. We both get requests to give reviews though. Lots of them.
Old 04-05-2024, 02:31 PM

It’s annoying, but it’s not “modern marketing”. I have five nurses in my family, and my stepdaughter is married to a doctor, so I’ve heard some of the complaints from the other side. Almost every physician’s practice is now part of a large network of offices that is owned by a for-profit corporation. They are usually associated with specific hospitals and diagnostic groups, too, that are affiliated with, and often owned by the corporation. Doctors spend incredible amounts of time justifying their every move to their corporate overlords and insurance companies, so much so that the patients are being effected in many ways. These surveys are designed and written by the network owners, and medical providers are required to use them, or face the consequences. Thus, the automated survey after every visit. That’s one major reason why less and less med school students are going into family medicine - they’ll make way more money and have way less headaches by going into a medical specialty field. I hate them, too, but I always leave a positive response. Leaving negative responses will not give you a better experience next time, and may in fact make it worse. It’s sad on many levels.
Old 04-06-2024, 07:45 AM
Charter Member

I became friends with a cardiologist some time ago. He kept getting fired because he couldn't help himself from telling his patients straight out in no uncertain terms, without any niceties or nebulas talk where things stood. Like " You're fat and smoke so you got big problems. There's not much I can do." The last I heard he works for the VA. Our guitar playing friends group used to get a kick out of how unfiltered he was. To a point.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 04-07-2024, 06:31 PM

I have to do two days of professional development courses every year. Last year they wheeled in this family practitioner and as part of his discussion he mentioned that he told some woman that she was overweight, she filed a complaint with the college of physicians and it took two or three years to resolve.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic