The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Default ? on new D-16E Americana Series from Martin

Martin is introducing a new version of the 16 series called the Americana series, using American harvested woods, sitka spruce top and sycamore back and sides. Additionally, the dreadnought version will be 4" in depth instead of the more typical 4 7/8" depth Martin uses on their dreadnoughts.

The only video I can find ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1BPDUoDhNY ) has Martin sales guys discussing some aspects of the guitars, but not much regarding sound and they don't even play them in the video. I"m curious if anyone has heard these guitars, and if so, how they sounded. What would the sound effect be of using a slightly shallower depth and using sycamore for back and sides?
Old 01-07-2017, 12:01 PM

Never played one myself, but probably make a good recording/plugged-in performance guitar - less acoustic volume/low-end/overtones/sustain but good string-to-string definition; should be just the ticket for players who use a lot of processing...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion