The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-13-2016, 04:42 PM

Default Noob Technical questions on my Taylor 812!

Hi guys, i recently bought a 812 Taylor guitar that i really love, before purchasing it i read a lot about it and other models, played it and i am very happy with it, now i want to learn more about the technical side of the guitar, and i've stumble a bit on some things after reading some articles and technical specs on guitars.

What's the "Element" referred by Taylor's website on the Fretboard inlay??

What's the edge trim?

Any articles or websites that you recommend me to read to learn more of this technical stuff!
Old 05-13-2016, 05:59 PM

Hi jipiboi. The "element" is the name of the fretboard inlay design that Taylor is using for your 812 guitar.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Hi jipiboi. The "element" is the name of the fretboard inlay design that Taylor is using for your 812 guitar.
Ohh thanks a lot, somehow i thought it was the name of the material used hahaha !
Old 05-13-2016, 06:57 PM

The "edge trim" can apply to two things. It could be the white or cream colored border on the fretboard of the neck. It could also be the strip of material that circumnavigates the top and back sides.

Ray
Old 05-13-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayCJ View Post
The "edge trim" can apply to two things. It could be the white or cream colored border on the fretboard of the neck. It could also be the strip of material that circumnavigates the top and back sides.

Ray
Hi, i thought that was the binding and fretboard binding?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion