The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-13-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulzoom View Post
But it's against your body so you really are not seeing it. But I suppose there is nothing stopping you from turning it around and admiring it for a few seconds but I doubt many do that.

All I am saying is that the back, as beautiful as they can be, do not get appreciated as much as the front since you see that more.
You're not following me. You responded to my car analogy by explaining that even though you don't see anything of your car's exterior (save the hood) when you're actually driving it, you still see it as you're walking up to it. I am saying it is the exact same thing with the guitar. Even though you don't see the back of the guitar (or even any of it if you play without looking at the guitar--looking forward or eyes closed--like some do) when you're actually playing it, you do see the back as you pick the guitar up and turn it around before you actually start playing it.

P.S. You doubt many stop to admire the back wood on their guitar? Just like sound-hole sniffers--many might not want to admit it, but a WHOLE lot of people do it
Old 05-13-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMusik View Post
You're not following me. You responded to my car analogy by explaining that even though you don't see anything of your car's exterior (save the hood) when you're actually driving it, you still see it as you're walking up to it. I am saying it is the exact same thing with the guitar. Even though you don't see the back of the guitar (or even any of it if you play without looking at the guitar--looking forward or eyes closed--like some do) when you're actually playing it, you do see the back as you pick the guitar up and turn it around before you actually start playing it.
Following you very well. I see most angles of my car every day for far longer than the couple of seconds I take my guitar off it's stand and glance at the back.

But most of us I venture don't even do that. They just grab the guitar and start playing without even looking at the back.

It's you that are not following me. I actually am saying that it's ME that is wasting the beauty of the backs of my guitars because I DON'T turn them around and appreciate their beauty as much as I should.

It's something I want to take more time to do.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I actually am saying that it's ME that is wasting the beauty of the backs of my guitars because I DON'T turn them around and appreciate their beauty as much as I should.

It's something I want to take more time to do
Well, good, then do it!

And if you go back and look at the quote from you I was responding to in post 46, you did not clarify that you were only talking about yourself (you simply said the back "doesn't get appreciated," not "doesn't get appreciated by me")--I can only follow what I'm given
Old 05-13-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMusik View Post
Well, good, then do it!

And if you go back and look at the quote from you I was responding to in post 46, you did not clarify that you were only talking about yourself (you simply said the back "doesn't get appreciated," not "doesn't get appreciated by me")--I can only follow what I'm given
The post was about me but was intended to remind others who might be as neglectful as I have been. Everyone tends to focus on the subject title and not read through the entire post.

I need to get better at writing subject lines.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I need to get better at writing subject lines.
Hey, at least your subject line was better than the one-word ones (e.g. "Strange..." or "Really?!") or the vague ones (e.g. "Anyone familiar with this?" or "Why does this happen?").
Old 05-13-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I have some pretty looking backs but hardly ever see them. When I'm playing I can't see it and when the guitar is hanging or on a stand you can't see it.

I guess every once in a while I'll have to turn it around to appreciate its beauty.
Kim Kardashian seems to have worked out a satisfactory modus operandi on the basis of this principle!

Last edited by ewalling; 05-13-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:42 AM

I think this explains my views on the subject.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion