The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-12-2016, 08:55 PM

Glad to read the good (better than expected?) news.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:32 PM

See, you were all worked-up for nothing. Glad to hear it will be a short recovery.

When my accident occurred, I had been given the official diagnosis of RA the week before. First thought through my head was on the lines of "That was brilliant and I bet this will kick the Rheumatiod Factor up a few points"... I was right, it did -but oh well.

Ray
Old 05-13-2016, 04:48 PM

Hi,

I will add a positive thought to this thread. I had carpal tunnel surgery about 10 years ago. I learned that the hand heals much faster than other parts of the body. I was able to regain 80% functionality in the hand in about 3 days. No pain at any point. I have not had any recurrence of the malady.

I'm glad to hear OP is on the mend. Here's to a successful recovery!
Old 05-13-2016, 05:35 PM

Get well soon, you'll be back playing before you know it!!! I play with a numb thumb, (some nerve damage from reattachment), it was partially sheared off and reattached (and this was before I started playing again) with no problems. Also had a broken middle finger as well, was broken just above the the first joint and it is slightly angled now just right for fingerstyle. It hasn't slowed me down at all. Wishing you all the best!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion