The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-03-2014, 04:24 PM

Default Quick Shipping Question -Bose L1/SKB Cases

I'm preparing my Bose L1 Series II for sale here and had a quick question. Can I ship via USPS or UPS without having to put the SKBs in an extra shipping box? In other words, can I just put the Bose L1 in the SKB cases, slap a UPS sticker and ship it out like that?

Just trying to avoid having to track down other boxes and keep shipping costs down.

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2014, 08:26 PM

I used to ship all over the world. There should be no issue with putting a label on the case and shipping that way. No box needed. But you may want to insure well....
Old 05-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Charter Member

Mike;

When I shipped my Angus acoustic "back to it's maker" for some serious work, I used UPS. This was a year ago last fall, and they WOULD NOT insure the guitar UNLESS THEY PACKED IT! That was the only way I could get the $$$ insurance that I wanted on it... so I let them do it.

If you are using UPS, definitely talk with them about what you want to do; speak with someone "in charge" and get the straight scoop so you know what to expect. As far as the USPS goes, I would check into it fully, before you need to make a decision...

Good luck with your sale!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion