The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-17-2011, 01:05 PM

Default Help with Guitar ID Please?

I came across what appears to be a 12 string Gibson "Dove" guitar on our local Clist pages.
I did some Googling on it and I see that Gibson did make a 6 string "Dove" guitar (there is an inlaid Dove on the pickgaurd), but I cannot find any reference to a 12 string.
The bridge on this one does not look like the Gibson bridge either. The bridge on this one has a metal piece located under the wooden bridge (sorry, I don't know what that would be called). There doesn't appear to be any marking on the headstock, although the shape is very similar to the Gibson and the "decorations" on the headstock also look the same.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:10 PM

Pictures help - One of the main problems with people who dont know guitars is that they call every guitar a Gibson or a Martin . becasue they think it looks like one .It might also be a scam because most guitars have some sort of label inside of them that tells you the brand and model . Im guessing, without a picture its probably a orient made guitar -but without a picture thats a long shot in the dark.. im not positive that gibson never made one , ive been proven wrong before -their may of been a few made but not publicized ( hard to say )
Old 02-17-2011, 01:30 PM

I'll try my hand at Photobucket when I get home from work this evening.
I did get a reply from the seller. He says that the only marking on the guitar is a piece of paper in the soundhole that says "Musical Emporium" and "Barcelona" and has a phone number.
Any clue??

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion