The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-10-2011, 03:52 PM

Very cool! Took me a little to recognize the tune (not your fault - I'm no good with titles), but nicely done.

The recording is great - not sure what you put on your recordings, but it sounds good. The guitar part is nice - the single-lines are a sometimes a little tricky sounding, but the chorus is fantastic.

And you have the coolest voice for this type of song - one of a kind and keeps you listening. A friend of mine makes up new-wave/neo-romantic type tunes (80's kind of stuff, more or less) and I make up the music - a voice like yours woulde be perfect for those kinds of songs. Powerful and full, a treat to listen to. Martha loved it - you have a sound all your own.

"Yeah!" - Blind Boy Fuller
Old 12-11-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawlie View Post
Very cool! Took me a little to recognize the tune (not your fault - I'm no good with titles), but nicely done.

The recording is great - not sure what you put on your recordings, but it sounds good. The guitar part is nice - the single-lines are a sometimes a little tricky sounding, but the chorus is fantastic.

And you have the coolest voice for this type of song - one of a kind and keeps you listening. A friend of mine makes up new-wave/neo-romantic type tunes (80's kind of stuff, more or less) and I make up the music - a voice like yours woulde be perfect for those kinds of songs. Powerful and full, a treat to listen to. Martha loved it - you have a sound all your own.
Shawlie, Thanks so much for your kind and encouraging words on this tune. If you would ever like me to record some vocal tracks in collaboration with you just send me a PM. I have done that for a couple of other people and I have really enjoyed it.

Thanks Again,

Bud
Old 12-11-2011, 01:49 AM

Hey Bud, great rendition. I was curious as the song went on how you would handle it vocally, with it being the song it is. All i can say is it held strong the whole way. Great job on the added percussion as well..
Old 12-11-2011, 02:08 AM

has an epic feel, and i dont mean this in the modern use of the word, but the ACTUAL definition
Colt "1991" 1911
GSG 1911-22
Custom AR-15
Old 12-11-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
Hey Bud, great rendition. I was curious as the song went on how you would handle it vocally, with it being the song it is. All i can say is it held strong the whole way. Great job on the added percussion as well..
Nifty, Thanks much for your comments and for listening. I am looking into getting a Cajon for future percussion efforts instead my old guitar.

Bud
Old 12-11-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
Nifty, Really appreciate your comments on this tune. Singing this with intensity to the end was a real workout.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:26 AM
Charter Member

Hi Bud,

Tough song - very well done.

Steve
Old 12-12-2011, 08:37 AM

Good job Bud. With capo'd in the high register made for a different, more rhythmic sound. The only criticism was choice of clothing, since I'm a photographer as well as a guitar player, the black clothing only revealed your skin against a black backdrop. THis is a non-music issue, but it may be a video issue if you're concerned with presentation. Thanks - great job as always!

Hoffman L-00 w JJB
Kronbauer TDK w K&K
Martin OM-35 w K&K
Gibsons: J-150 w Fishman, CL-35 w JJB, Hummingbird w JJB, Les Paul Custom
Crafter TM-035 w JJB
Recording King ROS-647 w JJB
Voyage-Air OM-04, Washburn Red Rocker
Amps: Crate 2x12, Peaveys, LoudBox Artist
Pickups: JJB & K&K Mini
Callaway Big Bertha Clubs
Old 12-12-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Peebuddy View Post
has an epic feel, and i dont mean this in the modern use of the word, but the ACTUAL definition
Mr. Peebuddy, Like the funny screen name. I appreciate your distinction between the actual use of the word Epic.

Bud
Old 12-12-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fixit eh View Post
Hi Bud,

Tough song - very well done.

Steve
Steve, Thanks for listening you handy man.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbyguy View Post
Good job Bud. With capo'd in the high register made for a different, more rhythmic sound. The only criticism was choice of clothing, since I'm a photographer as well as a guitar player, the black clothing only revealed your skin against a black backdrop. THis is a non-music issue, but it may be a video issue if you're concerned with presentation. Thanks - great job as always!
Gibby, thanks for listening and the comments as well. I was trying to experiment with the dark clothes on the dark background for this one so that the guitar was really highlited. Thanks for the input on that as well.

Bud

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
adele, rolling in the deep, tascam, taylor 314ce