The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-31-2012, 07:29 AM

Default Medley: A Dream in the Forest/The Minute March

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoUZ1fP_mAY

The first half of this medley was written by the Paraguayan guitarist Agustin Barrios and in English is called A Dream in the Forest. The second part was written by myself and is called The Minute March, and if you can play it cleanly in under a minute, I'd say you're a pretty fair guitarist.

I struggled over whether to play this on steel string or nylon. It sounds fine to me either way. The tuning high to low is:

D# (1st String)
A#
F#
C#
F#
C# (6th String)

If you tune your guitar down a half step, and then tune the 5th and 6th string down another whole step lower yet, you'll be there.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:42 AM

Great stuff.

I also very much enjoyed your tune: "The Foundling Goes Home" (wonderful title from CS Lewis, BTW). I left a YT comment that that piece reminds me very much of Steve Howe's compositional style. Howe is a genius in my opinion.

I find these pieces to be quite creative and I really look forward to more of your music. I subscribed, and favorited some of your music.

I think I need a classical guitar (just what my wife wants to hear!

--Bill

YouTube: http://www.YouTube.com/wfbrown1234

Last edited by bbrown; 07-31-2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: sp
Old 08-04-2012, 03:55 PM

The thing about a classical guitar is that you can find a really good factory made one for not a whole lot of money. I really like my old 70s Yamaha. They made great guitars back then that you can pick up on Ebay and Craigslist for next to nothing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
taylor 314ce