The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-30-2015, 02:02 PM

It seems at times that Gibson issues darn near as many limited edition guitars as stock instruments. A year or so back somebody over at the Gibson Forum attempted to count the number of variations of the J-45 Gibson made available that year and ended up at over 40. And that is just J-45s. OK Taylor and Martin, put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:11 PM
Guest 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
It seems at times that Gibson issues darn near as many limited edition guitars as stock instruments. A year or so back somebody over at the Gibson Forum attempted to count the number of variations of the J-45 Gibson made available that year and ended up at over 40. And that is just J-45s. OK Taylor and Martin, put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Personally, I like that Gibson offers so many choices.

Different wood types, scale lengths, aesthetic accoutrements, build specs, and finishes allow customers with varying preferences to get what they want in a given model.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Voltaire View Post
Personally, I like that Gibson offers so many choices.

Different wood types, scale lengths, aesthetic accoutrements, build specs, and finishes allow customers with varying preferences to get what they want in a given model.
Don't get me wrong, I have been playing Gibsons for over 50 years. But many of these limited editions and special runs are like this J-20 Elite. The only difference between it and the stock guitar is added bling and a $750 upcharge over the normal retail price. I think that is what GibbyPrague was getting at as to why these guitars are on a blowout special.

Last edited by zombywoof; 08-30-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
Don't get me wrong, I have been playing Gibsons for over 50 years. But many of these limited editions and special runs are like this J-20 Elite. The only difference between it and the stock guitar is added bling and a $750 upcharge over the normal retail price. I think that is what GibbyPrague was getting at as to why these guitars are on a blowout special.
I'm pretty sure he said they sound like crap, and all Taylors sound like crap too, but.....maybe I'm mis reading his post, but that's what I got from it......

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion