The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-21-2021, 03:34 PM
Charter Member

Default Huss and Dalton Custom 000 12 Fret Honeymoon

I have had my Huss and Dalton Custom 000 12 Fret for just over a year and the Honeymoon phase is not over. I cannot believe I still look forward to playing this guitar more than other guitar I have ever owned. It just seems to get better every day. Even with a thermo cured Adirondack top, the tone has matured, the note separation is evident, and the sustain goes on and on.

I am still in disbelief that I own such an incredible instrument. Even though I am only at an intermediate level, this guitar has made me a much better player.

Here is a link to my NGD from December 2020.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=601055

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays fellow AGF members.
Old 12-21-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
I have had my Huss and Dalton Custom 000 12 Fret for just over a year and the Honeymoon phase is not over. I cannot believe I still look forward to playing this guitar more than other guitar I have ever owned. It just seems to get better every day. Even with a thermo cured Adirondack top, the tone has matured, the note separation is evident, and the sustain goes on and on.

I am still in disbelief that I own such an incredible instrument. Even though I am only at an intermediate level, this guitar has made me a much better player.

Here is a link to my NGD from December 2020.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=601055

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays fellow AGF members.
Just went back and looked at your NGD post. I commented then it looked great, but I can only assume after a year's playing that that adirondack will have really started to blossom. Funnily enough, I'm in a similar position with my Stephen Kinnaird FS-12, which is essentially an elongated 000, though mine's figured mahogany and cedar. My honeymoon period has only lasted 4 months so far, with none of my other guitars replacing it out on the stand in that time, but I agree with you wholeheartedly that the right guitar can make you want to pick it up all the time and can drastically improve your playing. And just coincidentally, out on my other stand for the past month is my custom H&D 12-string.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion