The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-02-2024, 03:28 PM

Default Eastman AC422CE

Ok. Recently I've parted with some really great guitars. I'm at 11 at the moment, mostly Spruce/rosewood. I do have a mahogany b/s and all mahogany. I prefer a cutaway and and Sitka/rosewood. I also prefer a guitar with killer pickups. I happen to own and use an LR Baggs Voiceprint DI. All that said, is an Eastman AC422CE a guitar I need?

I own two Yamaha LLX16s, an LLX26, a Taylor 214ce and several others.

Why do I need the Eastman? Or should I just wait until I can afford to buy an FG9R?
Old 01-02-2024, 05:11 PM

Default YES

Eastman Ac's are something else.

I have an AC522 and it is the finest guitar I've ever played. It's mahogany with European Spruce.

So my advice is yes, get one.
Old 01-03-2024, 03:13 PM

I love my AC422CE - the sound (both plugged in and unplugged), the feel, the case, and the looks. Highly recommend.
Old 01-03-2024, 06:26 PM
Charter Member

My AC422CE (brand new 2.5 years ago) played like a dream right out of the box, and then even better with 11-54s. I'm a loud flatpicker and noticed zero drop in volume (which some players complain about with lighter strings). Everyone who tries it declares "It's so easy to play!" Bright and articulate, the tone stands out nicely for lead guitar parts (rock/blues covers) plugged and unplugged. I sometimes venture up to the 15th or even 17th frets for Allmans, Petty, Skynyrd stuff. It's clean and crisp all the way up.

I replace yawn-worthy Ping tuners on everything I own. Gotoh SG301-20s in "Cosmo Black" (gunmetal gray) are a handsome drop-in part. Took 20 minutes to swap out during a routine string change. Permanently mounted a D'Addario screw-in Micro Tuner that hides behind the headstock.

That yellow stitching on the well-built case (included with the guitar) is bizarre (described by my friends as "looking like a pair of Doc Martins"). I used black vinyl spray to alleviate that garish effect, same stuff I use to touch up all my knockaround cases and amps to keep them looking new.

If my AC422CE were stolen, I'd replace it with the same guitar.

Possible Caveat:
Given a sluggish supply chain at the peak of the plague, I had to pre-pay for mine sight-unseen and was told by several shops that it would be "mine to keep whether I liked it or not." Finally found a shop that guaranteed (in writing) to refund my money in full if I didn't like it when it showed up (two months later it turns out). Played it, loved it, kept it, proud to play open mics with it.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9090.jpg (68.5 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by tinnitus; 01-03-2024 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-03-2024, 09:38 PM

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like I'll be giving one a shot before too long. I once owned an Eastman E1OM and it did not disappoint. I sold it to a bandmate and every time I restring it for him, I regret selling it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion