The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-06-2018, 03:07 PM
Charter Member

Smile NGD J 35

I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee, reading the latest Acoustic Guitar magazine and staring at the Gibson case. . .which is sitting on the floor next to the wood stove. . .warming up. It was 23 degrees when it arrived. When the case gets warm I'm gonna open it up and take a peak. Just a quick peak and then let it warm some more.

I'm itchin' to play it, but trying to let it adjust before I do. I hate that sticker on the carton to let it sit for 24 hrs. That ain't gonna happen. Two hours, but not 24.

Its like the arrival of a new baby. You just wanna pick it up and hold it.

Guess some of you have gone thru this before.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denandannie View Post
I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee, reading the latest Acoustic Guitar magazine and staring at the Gibson case. . .which is sitting on the floor next to the wood stove. . .warming up. It was 23 degrees when it arrived. When the case gets warm I'm gonna open it up and take a peak. Just a quick peak and then let it warm some more.

I'm itchin' to play it, but trying to let it adjust before I do. I hate that sticker on the carton to let it sit for 24 hrs. That ain't gonna happen. Two hours, but not 24.

Its like the arrival of a new baby. You just wanna pick it up and hold it.

Guess some of you have gone thru this before.
YES, let that happen. Wait, wait, wait, overnight at least. Practice what you will play on it when you can safely open the case. I said WAIT because we're all friends here. Do not Fvck with a 23 degree new guitar in your comfortable home.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:44 PM

I saw wait closer to the 24 hours as well...no good can come from opening it too early.

CONGRATS on the new guitar!!!!! and yes of course, if you have time, we would all love pics!
G7th Capos
Old 03-06-2018, 04:13 PM

Um.... I think I'd move it away from that wood stove. Too hot too quick is not good.
Gibson J-50 (K&K Pure Mini)
Martin D-35 (Trance Audio M)
Gibson J-35 Vintage (Trance Audio M)
Martin 1937 D-28 Authentic "Aged"

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion