The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-08-2021, 02:18 PM

Default Anyone Seen/Played a Breedlove Discovery Cedar Topped Concertina?

Breedlove has a new Eco Collection model - Discovery S Concertina with a cedar top and mahogany back and sides. There are none to try near me, but Sweetwater has a few. Anyone seen or played one?

Also, what is your opinion of the Breedlove Wildwood all solid mahogany guitars? The scale length on the concertina and concery isn't much different. I'd welcome your opinions of these as well.
Old 10-08-2021, 03:50 PM

Haven’t played that model, but I have owned Breedlove guitars and they are a solid choice. They make good cedar top guitars.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeane View Post
Breedlove has a new Eco Collection model - Discovery S Concertina with a cedar top and mahogany back and sides. There are none to try near me, but Sweetwater has a few. Anyone seen or played one?

Also, what is your opinion of the Breedlove Wildwood all solid mahogany guitars? The scale length on the concertina and concery isn't much different. I'd welcome your opinions of these as well.
I played a couple of discovery concertinas at a local shop. Very bright guitars, shimmery tone but maybe a little thin. A 14-fret model was the brightest, a 12-fret had fuller tone.

That day I also played an Artista level concertina, and it was less bright, with a stronger fundamental note. That’s what walked out with. Spruce top, myrtlewood back/sides, all solid woods.

I didn’t play a concert size.
Basses
Electric guitars
Lap steel
Old 10-31-2021, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeane View Post

I played the Discovery S Concertina today and enjoyed it. To my ear it sounded better than the Guild M-240e I went to play and I liked the soft C neck. I'm very much a beginner level player so I don't have a great sound description for you but the playability was very nice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion