The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-01-2016, 05:01 PM

Default Garage Sale Robertson?...Help, lol...

Hi Guys...

yes, I'm a 62 year old newb...thought I would ask for your help just to make sure this is NOT a real robertson or something worth anything...Coming to you as 60's slot cars are my thing, not guitars...

but I figured this guitar was worth the 20 bucks real or not,,

Can you help me ID'ing it?

thanks

Harry

Old 08-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Charter Member

Never heard of Robertson, but it looks to be an inexpensive Asian made classical guitar.

I see nothing obviously wrong with it, so if the action is good and it stays in tune then it's well worth a twenty dollar bill.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:40 PM

There IS a hand builder named Robertson, but this is clearly a factory-made guitar, not a custom made guitar.

It doesn't matter, though, it looks as though it's in perfectly good condition, so it's worth $20, easily.

whm
Old 08-01-2016, 05:43 PM

Lost cost old classicals are great for folk music. $20s heck yeah.

~Dave
~Music self-played is happiness self-made
Old 08-01-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry View Post
...Coming to you as 60's slot cars are my thing, not guitars...
Still have mine - Classic Asp (second series - the gold one), Classic Serpent (both with the Mabuchi 26D motor), Cox cast-magnesium chassis Ford GT (rebodied as a Chaparral coupe), and Cox red plexi 8-ohm controller (w/original alligator clips - never converted to TRS plug); haven't run them in almost 50 years - found an old track in Brooklyn that's still in business on a limited schedule, so I just might pull them out for one last run...
Old 08-01-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweiss View Post
Never heard of Robertson, but it looks to be an inexpensive Asian made classical guitar.

I see nothing obviously wrong with it, so if the action is good and it stays in tune then it's well worth a twenty dollar bill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
There IS a hand builder named Robertson, but this is clearly a factory-made guitar, not a custom made guitar.

It doesn't matter, though, it looks as though it's in perfectly good condition, so it's worth $20, easily.

whm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootch View Post
Lost cost old classicals are great for folk music. $20s heck yeah.

Thanks guys....just wanted to make sure I wasn't selling one of the early handmade jobs.....

I picked up an 80's Martin Sigma (still tagged believe it or not) for 10 bucks...so I am keeping that one to learn to play and will sell this one..

Can you give me some guidance on what to ask...Don't want to rip anyone off...

thanks

Harry
Old 08-01-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Still have mine - Classic Asp (second series - the gold one), Classic Serpent (both with the Mabuchi 26D motor), Cox cast-magnesium chassis Ford GT (rebodied as a Chaparral coupe), and Cox red plexi 8-ohm controller (w/original alligator clips - never converted to TRS plug); haven't run them in almost 50 years - found an old track in Brooklyn that's still in business on a limited schedule, so I just might pull them out for one last run...

thats cool stuff steve...would love to see those...I'm in Jersey, so if you ever want to sell them let me know....check out my cars I had as a kid in the gray case (still have them)..and some of the other collections I have purchased in the last year..

Last edited by fastharry; 08-01-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Surely you don't mean Buzz-a-Rama?
Old 08-01-2016, 07:01 PM

Hey Harry, cool find for $20. I would keep it. Oh and that "55" Chevy...wow, just wow.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyS View Post
Hey Harry, cool find for $20. I would keep it. Oh and that "55" Chevy...wow, just wow.

Hi Bradley...

wait, how did you find the 55?, lol..
Old 08-01-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry View Post
Thanks guys....just wanted to make sure I wasn't selling one of the early handmade jobs.....

I picked up an 80's Martin Sigma (still tagged believe it or not) for 10 bucks...so I am keeping that one to learn to play and will sell this one..

Can you give me some guidance on what to ask...Don't want to rip anyone off...

thanks

Harry
Pay it forward... $20?
Old 08-02-2016, 06:40 PM

It'll sell for $50 almost as quickly as it would for $20 or $25. I'd ask $50. You've put some time and effort into it, might as well let it pay for a good lunch for you.

whm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion