The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-23-2022, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

Default MIA...Breedlove & Guitar Parts Factory/Resource

Hey gang,
I tried for several weeks with phone messages, emails and even reaching out on the Breedlove Facebook page with questions about a specific guitar from Breedlove. I did the same through phone and emails with questions about a specific part from Guitar Parts Factory/Resource except I didn’t try with their Facebook page (if they have one) and no response back there either. Anyone deal recently with these two companies?
Thanks
Eastman T386SB
Aria Sinsonido AS-100C/SPL (customized to steel string)
Mid 1930’s Kay Kraft Deluxe K2 archtop
Seagull S12 converted to 6 string lap slide
Takamine TF740FS
2008 Pono PGKC (flamed Hawaiian Koa 0 cutaway)
Old 02-23-2022, 06:04 PM

I sent an email to Christi at Breedlove about 2 months ago about buying a set of gold tuners for a Concertina I have. Waited and sent another email 2 weeks later. Crickets. Just ordered a set of Gotoh's Tuesday and should be here tomorrow. I don't know what is going on, but it's discouraging. I have since heard of others with the same complaint.
Old 02-23-2022, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toucan View Post
I sent an email to Christi at Breedlove about 2 months ago about buying a set of gold tuners for a Concertina I have. Waited and sent another email 2 weeks later. Crickets. Just ordered a set of Gotoh's Tuesday and should be here tomorrow. I don't know what is going on, but it's discouraging. I have since heard of others with the same complaint.
Christi no longer works there. I had a similar issue. I emailed with Christi in December and my conversation suddenly turned to crickets as well. After emailing and leaving voicemails with no response, eventually I managed to get a call back from another employee. They apparently did not do well with the personnel transition. A lot of communication has fallen through the cracks.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoshi84 View Post
Christi no longer works there. I had a similar issue. I emailed with Christi in December and my conversation suddenly turned to crickets as well. After emailing and leaving voicemails with no response, eventually I managed to get a call back from another employee. They apparently did not do well with the personnel transition. A lot of communication has fallen through the cracks.
Thanks for the update. Too bad, Christi was great to work with.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushwood View Post
Hey gang,
I tried for several weeks with phone messages, emails and even reaching out on the Breedlove Facebook page with questions about a specific guitar from Breedlove. I did the same through phone and emails with questions about a specific part from Guitar Parts Factory/Resource except I didn’t try with their Facebook page (if they have one) and no response back there either. Anyone deal recently with these two companies?
Thanks
About a year+ ago, I had a quick response from this Rep at Breedlove:
Brittany Michael | Consumer Service
Two Old Hippies Stringed Instruments
61573 American Loop Bend, OR 97702
o: 541-385-8339 ext. 309

You might also want to contact Bedell Guitars (Tom Bedell owns Breedlove)
https://bedellguitars.com/support/customer-service/
Old 02-24-2022, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingahPickah View Post
About a year+ ago, I had a quick response from this Rep at Breedlove:
Brittany Michael | Consumer Service
Two Old Hippies Stringed Instruments
61573 American Loop Bend, OR 97702
o: 541-385-8339 ext. 309

You might also want to contact Bedell Guitars (Tom Bedell owns Breedlove)
https://bedellguitars.com/support/customer-service/
Thanks for the contact info. Hopefully I never need it, but it's good to have it just in case.
Guild Jumbo Junior (2022)
Luna Henna Paradise(2018)
Martin DX Johnny Cash(2019)
Martin 000-18(2019)
Martin 000C Jr-10 (2022)
Zager ZAD800M (2021)
Fender Squier Stratocaster(2009)
Old 02-24-2022, 10:15 AM

I think the best way to reach them is through the TOH number. I am surprised to hear recent accounts of difficulties around interacting with breedlove. IME, they usually have pretty decent customer service. I hope they are doing okay as a company; they make some excellent guitars. Would be a shame for a cool Oregonian business to be disrupted by what I am assuming can only be ramifications of the persistent closures and interruptions we have all experienced lately.
Old 02-25-2022, 12:45 AM
Charter Member

Thank you all for the input on Breedlove. I would think there would be at least some kind of explanation on their outgoing message if the lack of response on their end was due to the pandemic. No email, phone or Facebook messenger response at all after my messages was pretty frustrating. I’m moving on from Breedlove.
*Anyone with ideas on the same issue with Guitar Parts Factory (aka Guitar Parts Resource) out of Millersport, Ohio? Anybody done business with that outfit?
Eastman T386SB
Aria Sinsonido AS-100C/SPL (customized to steel string)
Mid 1930’s Kay Kraft Deluxe K2 archtop
Seagull S12 converted to 6 string lap slide
Takamine TF740FS
2008 Pono PGKC (flamed Hawaiian Koa 0 cutaway)
Old 02-26-2022, 09:00 AM

In my own experience over the last few months they've very responsive and helpful. I did notice, however, that I ended up with the direct email of a specific employee each time, not a general email, and one time it was "crickets" for a couple weeks until a response came from a different employee. I'm guessing the issues are with their email coverage/backup if personnel changes occur.

Breedlove Revival DR Deluxe 2009, Jayson Bowerman ...(co-designer Preston Thompson)
Santa Cruz Model F, 1998, Richard Hoover
Yamaha LJ36, 2022, Hiroshi Sakurai
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion