The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-26-2003, 09:44 AM

Default changring strings on my 110

Im a guitar newb, and I broke a g string this morning. I wanted to know the best way to take the peg out so I dont damage the saddle. Also, anyone have a good url with a how to string an acoustic tutorial. Im assuming the strings are elixers, should I repalce them all, or just the broken one. Ill probably get regular light guage elixers to replace the broken g string. Thanks for helping me get back to playing
Old 08-26-2003, 09:50 AM

I'm not sure that you can buy Elixirs individually. As far as removing the pin, loosen the string and the pin should just pull out with your fingers. If it's a little tight, then you might need to use the little notch in a string winder to pry it out.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:07 AM

Should I replace all my strings at this point, or just the string I broke. Maybe now is a good time to have my guitar set up ??
Old 08-26-2003, 10:17 AM

I would suggest changing all your strings. As for a setup, I guess that's your call. Do you like the way your guitar plays (your current setup)? One other thing to consider is a setup performed by someone other than you usually means departing with your guitar for a 1-2 weeks. That might help you decide
Old 08-26-2003, 10:24 AM

I heard that you can buy individual Elixirs in certain stores, right? For more than $5 a piece!!
Old 08-26-2003, 10:25 AM

Im leaving town friday, so Ill wait. Thanks for the help !!!!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion