The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-28-2024, 02:31 PM
Go Acoustic Audio

Default A new Record by Metheny

We work for years making good things happen, then we work to help others experience the outcome we know is there, but others are slow to understand sometimes. People know the common concepts that are spinning in circles, Under saddles, Microphones, Top mounted transducers. What we do is so far beyond these long proven problematic approaches.

Some times its nice to hear support from the very top of the performance world.

Last Fall, before his 10 week solo tour, Metheny contacted us. We ended up doing 3 guitars for him. 2 were overnighted, the second arrived for the first night of the tour at the venue. The third was done when the tour arrived in Nashville to play the Ryman.

I have not communicated since, but today I got a note.

"Your stuff is great…I just did a whole album on that nylon Baritone….coming out soon,

This is what the back of the album says…"

It is rewarding to know that GoAA is appreciated by someone with so much technical demand for sound.

The nylon Baritone he describes was tuned in a modified Nashville tuning, with the middle 2 string tuned an octave higher than the outer 4. My partner customized the 6 individual inputs to align with the lower tuning and when completed The instrument sounded so enormous, even in my Fishman loudbox mini.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PastedGraphic-1.jpg (74.0 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by conecaster; 03-28-2024 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-28-2024, 06:08 PM

That's a powerful recommendation from an artist who's always chasing better sound! I like the composition, too, more catchy and dynamic than his last record.
- Tacoma EK36C (ancient cedar Little Jumbo, '01, #145/150)
- Seagull SWS Maritime Mini Jumbo ('16)
- Simon & Patrick Pro Folk Rosewood ('01)
- Godin Montreal Premiere Supreme
- Ibanez Mikro Bass
Old 03-28-2024, 06:41 PM
Go Acoustic Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
That's a powerful recommendation from an artist who's always chasing better sound! I like the composition, too, more catchy and dynamic than his last record.
Thank you,
Old 03-29-2024, 05:16 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for sharing.....Love Metheny

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion