The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-16-2016, 08:45 PM

Congrats on a very serious guitar, enjoy your Wingert....

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)
Old 05-26-2016, 12:14 PM

Default Truck is on the way

Truck is on the way, hoping FedEx treats her ok.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:36 PM

I would be terrified to make the first strum. If it didn't sound as incredible as I had estimated it would, I'd crumple to the floor.

It's lovely and I hope it meets your expectations!
Giffin Vikta
Gibson Custom Shop ES 335 '59 Historic RI
‘91 Les Paul Standard
‘52 AVRI Tele - Richie Baxt build
Fender American Deluxe Tele
Fender Fat Strat
Old 05-26-2016, 03:11 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfluidity View Post
Truck is on the way, hoping FedEx treats her ok.
How exciting! Thanks for sharing your anticipation. I look forward to hearing about the unpacking and of course the playing!

Best,
Jayne
Old 05-26-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
How exciting! Thanks for sharing your anticipation. I look forward to hearing about the unpacking and of course the playing!

Best,
Jayne
Hi Jaymarsch, Believe it or not there was a day when we would share every detail of the NGD, I even think I did that way back when, about 8 guitars ago. I have since mellowed out a tad and try and stay with one axe for longer than a few years, I have curbed my GAS as much as I can. However, a month or so ago I realized that after all these years it was time to invest in a piece of art, not just another good guitar. I am a humble person and do not want to be accused of bragging and such. Not my style at all, and not the intent of this purchase, pious bull will ruin the gift of playing. Anyway, she is here and here are a few pics, I have played her but she was playing me and I needed to put her down until I can handle her. Now I see what I have been missing all these years. I am truly blessed.

Last edited by superfluidity; 05-26-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:28 PM
Charter Member

Great Day! It looks at home already.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:29 PM

It's a real beauty. No need to capitalize koa. It's not an acronym, unless you are talking about a "kampground".
Old 05-26-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Arnold View Post
It's a real beauty. No need to capitalize koa. It's not an acronym, unless you are talking about a "kampground".
Thank you sir, I love this place.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:05 PM
Charter Member

Wow....enjoy!
Old 05-27-2016, 10:54 AM

Sweet! Enjoy.
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 06-01-2016, 11:07 AM

Ok, I have had some time to play her after a change of strings (JP 550SL), not sure they are the right strings for this guitar though, after playing her, I think it will take some trial and err to find the exact string that compliments her. However, I have to give Acoustic Music Works LLC a big thumbs up for their professionalism in the handling of the transaction. A real Pro outfit.

Now, I have been playing for 55+ years, have had and played my share of guitars, mostly steel string acoustics, from Martins to handmade commissioned guitars, the key word is played them. But this one, plays me. Does anyone know what I am talking about? It is like she is waiting on me, saying, come on try this or do that, as if she says, 'did you like when I sounded like that'? Maybe I am just getting senile, but I don't think that has set in yet. Call me crazy but it is hard to express.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:30 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfluidity View Post
Ok, I have had some time to play her after a change of strings (JP 550SL), not sure they are the right strings for this guitar though, after playing her, I think it will take some trial and err to find the exact string that compliments her. However, I have to give Acoustic Music Works LLC a big thumbs up for their professionalism in the handling of the transaction. A real Pro outfit.

Now, I have been playing for 55+ years, have had and played my share of guitars, mostly steel string acoustics, from Martins to handmade commissioned guitars, the key word is played them. But this one, plays me. Does anyone know what I am talking about? It is like she is waiting on me, saying, come on try this or do that, as if she says, 'did you like when I sounded like that'? Maybe I am just getting senile, but I don't think that has set in yet. Call me crazy but it is hard to express.
Yeah, I can relate. So happy you are bonding with your new to you Wingert. Good luck in finding the right strings. My spruce rosewood Wingert likes either GHS Signature Bronze or Throbak Phosphor Bronze Round Core. But, I am sure that you will find a set to your liking. Experimenting is half the fun!

Best,
Jayne
Old 06-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Charter Member

S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!!

Enjoy it's sound & beauty...
2015 Taylor 914ce First Edition
2014 Taylor 812ce 12 fret First Edition
2014 Taylor 324ce FLTD Koa
2009 Taylor 954ce 12 string
1966 Gretsch Country Gentleman
Old 06-01-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
Yeah, I can relate. So happy you are bonding with your new to you Wingert. Good luck in finding the right strings. My spruce rosewood Wingert likes either GHS Signature Bronze or Throbak Phosphor Bronze Round Core. But, I am sure that you will find a set to your liking. Experimenting is half the fun!

Best,
Jayne
Jayne, Thank you so much for suggesting two different sets of strings, I will give them a try. Bonding is a great word, it is like picking one note out of an entire symphony. Also, I have never had the angle of my nails be such an important issue.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:03 PM

I would add plain 'ol D'Addario EJ16s to the list of strings to try. I use Elixirs exclusively on all my guitars except for my Wingert E. For some reason it feels and sounds best with them.

Congrats on your Wingert!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
ndg, wingert