The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-06-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyAddison View Post
WOW!!

Are we getting hypersensitive all around??

Why does it matter what somebody else plays? Opinions can help, but we all have different means and different preferences, nobody is right and nobody is wrong...........................except me!

I am perfect, and should be "King of all the Stuff".........kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lighten up!!!
this, really lighten up and just play your gits!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
All in fun. Or didn't you know that?
Please preface fun posts with "WARNING: ALL IN FUN." Thank you.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:49 PM

this one went down the drain fast............
Old 06-06-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
Please preface fun posts with "WARNING: ALL IN FUN." Thank you.
Or, "I was just saying."
Old 06-06-2012, 07:33 PM

Ok l everyone needs to chill, he was just sharing his opinion from his past experience's. I didn't find anything wrong with his post, I also didn't see any indication of him bashing Martin. Good for him that he found a guitar that he liked, they are all great guitars. He was just sharing his opinion on what he liked.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:40 PM

Not a fan of Seagull myself and definitely would not choose a Seagull over a Martin; but to each there own I suppose....
Old 06-06-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung View Post
Now... Martin is still maybe the best overall in terms of mass produced guitars, but for my taste and liking, this Seagull is the best sounding, most versitile guitar I have ever played in it's price range. I say that again, IN ITS PRICE RANGE.
OP emphasized "IN ITS PRICE RANGE". So he was probably comparing Seagull S6 vs. Martin X series or 1 series. I bet he was not talking about the better offerings that Martin has.

Nevertheless, he is cured from GAS. Nobody can't take that away from him

Taylor GS Mini mahogany/sapele with LR Baggs M80
Voyage Air VAOM-06 sitka/sapele with LR Baggs Anthem
Yamaha Guitalele black
Taylor T3/B honey burst
Fender American Stratocaster tobacco burst
G&L Fullerton Deluxe Legacy blonde

Gone but not forgotten..... ReviveMusicStore.com
Old 06-06-2012, 08:17 PM

Started playing guitar 6 years ago. Seagull S6 was my 1st axe my favorite music to play is bluegrasss playing "unplugged" . Last year I was able to purchase a Martin HD 28. I've sold the Seagull.

Russ
Old 06-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Perennially Maladroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung View Post
Now... Martin is still maybe the best overall in terms of mass produced guitars, but for my taste and liking, this Seagull is the best sounding, most versitile guitar I have ever played in it's price range. I say that again, IN ITS PRICE RANGE....I just love it.
People here are funny.

OP explains his guitar experience & joy of finding a nice guitar at the right price and folks consider posting about it provocative since the 'highly-inflammatory' term "versus" is used in the heading...

OP even goes out of his way to NOT disparage Martin guitars ("Martin is still maybe the best overall..."—unless the terms 'still maybe' are considered 'fightin' words' by some!), and highly-recommends folks try Seagull for their great VALUE.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
Or, "I was just saying."
"Not for nothing, but..." is also acceptable in the NY/NJ area.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:52 PM

Default Preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten View Post
achtung, generally speaking I agree with you about the value of Seagull guitars. I think they offer a LOT of music power for the dollar. However, I don't think it's necessary to point to Martins and say that you like the Seagull better. From what you said, I assume you like the Seagull better than Gibson or Taylor or Takamine or Yamaha or most any other similarly priced guitars. That's certainly allowed. We all have our preferences that we would recommend.

However, when you call out Martin specifically, it feels more like you're trolling for arguments than making a positive statement about Seagull. I hope I'm wrong about your intent, but I don't think I'm wrong about the way your post comes across.

cotten
I only point out Martin cuz that's what I HAD...
Old 06-07-2012, 01:58 PM

Default Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Opinions are like...Wait, you didn't mention what Martin you were comparing the Seagull with! If you call out a brand, be specific so we can follow. J.P.D.
45's and 15's mostly. Have had sooo many!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:01 PM

Default Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof S. View Post
I don't think this is entirely fair to the Original Poster.

If he had been making the opposite point (I started with a Seagull S6 and now I have a Martin and, Wow, what an improvement) I doubt anybody would be accusing him of trolling.
Everyone needs to relax! I wasn't disparaging anyone or anyTHING!

Thank you for having my back...
Old 06-07-2012, 02:51 PM

Default OP response

OK, Original Poster here: My GOODNESS people. RELAX. First of all, I OWN a Martin still, why would I call myself a moron by disparaging it? What you saw is a new member not realizing that a bunch of people would get so worked up by a personal experience. I never said one bad word about any guitar at all. I simply meant that if you are looking for an alternative to a pricey BUT VERY NICE Martin or other VERY NICE expensive guitar, consider Seagull. Some people have a Martin and love it "Not that there's anything wrong with that"...(holler if you get THAT reference).

Some people were chapped because I didn't compare and contrast. they are two difference animals, hard to do. in my experience, The Martins and Taylors that I have owned had a very bright, brassy high and mid range. As a gigging musican, I like a warmer sound. I get that with Seagull and the cedar top. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH SPRUCE.

Had i said a particular brand was not as good, yes, I would invite criticism. I simply didn't imply that, nor should you infer it.

People came back with "Provocative" or "trolling for a fight" etc, lol, cmon you guys. The only way it's picking a fight is if someone takes it that that way.

I want to sincerely THANK all the people who saw my post for what it was - a personal experience not meaning to disparage anyone or any brand. There ARE people who don't ASSUME things before asking the question. Thank you very much.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:57 PM

Thanks. I believe you, and want to apologize for misreading the intent of your thread title and original post. You really like your Seagull.

(For what it's worth, I have sincerely apologized to achtung privately, as well. I understand why I was wrong, but I was still wrong.)

cotten

Last edited by cotten; 06-07-2012 at 08:31 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion