The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-02-2021, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillsteven View Post
Then it’s a repair job that Martin should cover under the warranty. However, you may have to ship your guitar to an authorized service center and pay for the shipping cost. Another option is to bring your guitar to your trusted guitar tech/luthier. He/she would be able to answer your questions and fix your guitar there and then. If the issue is determined to be only cosmetics in nature, you may choose to leave it as it is. I know some people who aren’t too bothered with the way their guitars look.

If it was purely cosmetic I wouldn’t worry too much about it as long as it doesn’t get worse. I have an authorized repair center about 1.5 hours away but would rather not deal with it during the pandemic.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:09 AM

To me it doesn’t look like the typical Martin binding separation at all, no matter what Google says. I think you should get that spot sealed someday. Humidity should stay away. That can be done more expensive and invisible or cheaply and very visible.
Martin D-18MD, Martin OM-21, Martin CEO-7, Martin J-40, Martin 000-1, Guild D-55, Guild D-140, Gibson SJ-200, Gibson Hummingbird, Gibson Frank Hannon Love Dove, Gibson Southern Jumbo, Furch Gc-SR Red Deluxe, Furch Yellow Masters Choice, Larrivee P-03ww, Kawaii piano, mandolines, drumsets, doublebass, Fender Jazzbass, ...
Old 12-03-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Z View Post
To me it doesn’t look like the typical Martin binding separation at all, no matter what Google says. I think you should get that spot sealed someday. Humidity should stay away. That can be done more expensive and invisible or cheaply and very visible.

Yeah. I feel like it’s something I would’ve seen when I got the instrument as I’m pretty anal about it’s condition. The guitar is stored in its case in humidity 40-60. Hopefully not the binding issue
Old 12-03-2021, 02:33 PM
Charter Member

I agree with others who say this does not look like a binding issue but rather the finish clouding or lifting off the rosewood. If it was caused by a bump I'd think you'd see some kind of mark on the binding ther; but that looks perfect.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion