The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-29-2014, 04:41 PM

Default Nugd d18

Holy smokes I feel like I hit the jack pot. I ordered a lefty 2009 D18 from a reputable online dealer and I had myself convinced that it would probably be a dog and I'd have to return it but boy was I wrong. It has such a nice ring, tone, balance projection and feel and it's only going to get better because this thing is virtually unplayed and barely broken in. The top has one tiny dent and the case barely has a scratch on it.

The previous owner had a mammoth bone saddle and strap button put in. It has 012's so I'm probably going to go throw some .013's on it and get a K &K pure mini installed in a couple weeks

I'll have to measure the nut but I prefer 1 3/4 " nut spacing and I was under the impression the 2009 D18 had a 1 11/16" nut but it sure feels wider than that...in a good way

Old 08-29-2014, 04:48 PM

Awesome choice. The straight braced D-18 is a fantastic guitar. I'll never sell mine (I sold my first one -never again).

When you write, you wouldn’t just throw words into a bowl. There has to be a beginning, middle and end. Same thing with phrasing on the guitar"

Jimmie Vaughan
Old 08-30-2014, 04:34 PM

I'm yet to try a D-18, I just love the hogs. Sounds like you done well.......Congrats!!!

Yes, a K&K is a good choice. I have that installed in all my 18 & 17. Are you going to run it through a pre-amp?

Enjoy!
Old 08-30-2014, 05:04 PM
Charter Member

Wow, it looks brand new. Enjoy it!

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion