The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-17-2005, 06:58 PM
RednekHippieMotrcycleFrk

Default K4 vs AG Stomp

Ok, I know they're two different animals, but - I have a Yamaha AG Stomp and have been trying to figure out if the K4 is worth investing in. I like the mic effects in the AG, but tone shaping sounds like a good tool. I have Taylors with ES and with Fishman. Any thoughts or experience in this area?
Old 03-17-2005, 10:49 PM

The K4 is decent, but over priced imo. Its not really bad, but I was not that impressed with it. Try before you buy.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:37 PM

Yep, two different animals completely. If all you really want to do is a bit of tone shaping, your AG-Stomp is very capable, and there are other units out there that will do even more, for a lot less than the cost of the K4.

Tone shaping is not the K4's reason for being, though it can certainly do that. If that's all you really want, the K4 is overkill galore.

cotten
Old 03-17-2005, 11:43 PM
RednekHippieMotrcycleFrk

Default tone shaping

This is from the Taylor wesite regarding the K4

"The K4 features a parametric EQ voiced specifically for the acoustic guitar, along with a Q control for pinpoint tone shaping. The K4 also features a custom circuit design by Mr. Rupert Neve, transformer coupled input and output, and pure analog tone shaping."

I don't know, but it sounds like tone shaping to me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion